What's new

Cannot Sync Music onto New iPhone 5

kez6670

Reaction score
I have just bought a new iPhone 5. When I set it up I used icloud as I wanted to copy apps from my iPod. It didn't copy over my music (I guess this is because I didn't purchase it from I tunes). I have plugged my iPhone into my computer to sync my music onto it using itunes but it won't transfer. It goes through stages 1 to 5 but completely skips over number 3. It has copied my photos. When I look at the music folder on my iphone in iTunes the music is all there but in greyscale and doesn't show on my phone at all. I have tried manually doing it and creating a new playlist but it just won't work at all. Does anyone have any ideas? I do not have I match switched on my phone so it's not that. The music I want to transfer does sync to my ipad but not my iphone.

Plug your device into your PC and authorize this PC in the Store tab. I had the same thing a few weeks ago. It went away, but syncing on the one day that I neede or wanted was a pain in the rump.

When you sync your phone with iTunes are you doing a "full" sync from the summary page or do you try to just sync music alone? I don't know if it's a quirk, but I made some changes to my music files the other day and tried to sync only music from the music tab and it did not work correctly. I had to do a full sync.