What's new

Syncing music to iPhone 5s

wingennis

Reaction score
Just purchased an iPhone 5s. Although I loved my HTC One, I am invested in iTunes media and wanted to consolidate my devices and media. I have had iPods and an iPhone before so I know what to expect. When syncing my new phone, I can manage photos, video and info but have no options for managing my substantial music library. The music tab only has a box that says iTunes Match is on but I can't select any music. I do not want to download gigabytes of music already on my hard drive. I have turned off iTunes Match, restarted and checked manually manage songs and video. Help?

If your question is to sync album or playlist or other musics to your iPhone, after connecting your iPhone to your computer and have lunched iTunes, click on the iPhone icon on top side in the iTunes window, then click on music tab, there you can scroll down that page to see below option and check things you want to have synced into your iPhone. After checking things you want click on sync icon at the window right bottom.

If your question is to sync album or playlist or other musics to your iPhone, after connecting your iPhone to your computer and have lunched iTunes, click on the iPhone icon on top side in the iTunes window, then click on music tab, there you can scroll down that page to see below option and check things you want to have synced into your iPhone. After checking things you want click on sync icon at the window right bottom.

The problem is I can't access my music from the music tab. I know what should be there but there are no options except to sync voice memos.

At the top of iTunes, click Store > Authorize This PC, then log in with the same Apple ID credentials as that of your iPhone.

At the top of iTunes, click Store > Authorize This PC, then log in with the same Apple ID credentials as that of your iPhone.

I appreciate the suggestion. I did already do that. Videos, apps and photos are all manageable. It is only music I can't manage.