What's new

iOS 5 download and update complete but my apps won't restore back onto my iPhone

pizzazz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have already downloaded and installed iOS 5 and updated my iPhone 4 with it. But no matter how many ways I try to get my pre-purchased apps back on my phone(photos, contacts, emails, messages etc. are still on my phone), they won't go back on. I've backed up, restored to backup, synced, transferred, etc. and it still won't work. Please help! I am not very techy:)

I also tried to perform a backup using iCloud on my iPhone but that's not really working either...

Feedback anyone?

I'm waiting on mine to verify so I'll let you know how I go and see if it helps.

this happened to me too. If you go into the app store and click on update there is a tab called purchases. Click on that and all of the apps that you have downloaded previously are there. They have an icon on the right so you have to download them individually again, but it doesn't take long.

What happened to me is that when I registered my phone after installing ios5 and tried to enter my apple id it insisted that I use an email address. this effectively created another apple id as that is not the one that I have been using. If you go into settings and click on store you can enter the old id details and get back all of your purchases and info. Annoying huh?!

Thanks! I did notice that I could just redownload my previous app purchases in that tab but I didn't want to do then all separately. I'm lazy haha...and as for the new apple ID it made you give, it didn't make me do that so I'm not sure why it would have not transferred my apps. Oh well! Thanks again:)

I have just updated from iOS4.3.5 to iOS5 and iMessage does not appear on my spring board? I have also tried to search for it on AppStore with no luck... Please help!

Hi i have a iPhone 3GS in 4.3.5 without jailbreak, last nyght i tried to update to iOS 5 but I can't because when iTunes was verifying iPhone, gives me a error 3194 and I can't even restore gives me the same error, I tried changing the host file and nothing and whit tyniumbrela the 3194 error disappear but gives me the 2004 error, can someone help me...

I have the same problem and it's very frustrating. I tried to restore from an old backup pre ios5 and the phone refuses to restore.

Mine did the same thing, but then it started reloading all my apps, music, photos and videos.
It made me a little nervous when I got the mesage that phone had been restored to factory settings, but I was actually patient this time.
It put all my apps into the same folders and everything is back to where it was before.
It took awhile because of the busy servers yesterday from what I have read.

Good luck, it's worth the wait.

I have just updated from iOS4.3.5 to iOS5 and iMessage does not appear on my spring board? I have also tried to search for it on AppStore with no luck... Please help!

I'm not seeing the iMessage on my spring board either- or anything new with the camera roll or the new weather widget. Anyone else not seeing these? thanks!!

Candace said:
I'm not seeing the iMessage on my spring board either- or anything new with the camera roll or the new weather widget. Anyone else not seeing these? thanks!!

iMessage is not an app it is integrated into messages and will know when you text someone with ios 5...as far as the camera the changes are mostly when you take pictures you can freeze focus and edit it once it's taken...don't know about the weather widget since I don't use it anyway I use the weatherbug app

tankerwife75 said:
iMessage is not an app it is integrated into messages and will know when you text someone with ios 5...as far as the camera the changes are mostly when you take pictures you can freeze focus and edit it once it's taken...don't know about the weather widget since I don't use it anyway I use the weatherbug app

Pull down on the status bar for the weather widget,