What's new

iOS 5 won't download- help!!

luckmylife

Reaction score
I had my iPhone 4 plugged into my computer and started the download when I went to bed last night, then woke up this morning and it was STILL "backing up" my settings. In fact, it didn't look like the status bar had moved at all. How can I make it work? I really want the iOS 5!

I have the same problem... just says sync in progress for hours and hours

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one! Let me know when yours works. I'm too impatient to wait for hours and hours and hours, so I may just go bug the people at an apple store or something if nothing changes.

I have tried multiple times to update my iphone and everytime it will download the software update, but then when it goes to process the file it says the connection has timed out and to look at my network and try it again. I have tried turning off the anti-virus and firewall but it still gives me the same problem. Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be great!!

I have tried multiple times to update my iphone and everytime it will download the software update, but then when it goes to process the file it says the connection has timed out and to look at my network and try it again. I have tried turning off the anti-virus and firewall but it still gives me the same problem. Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be great!!

I have the exact same problem! iTunes downloads the update completely and then when it's processing a little box with a red X pops up and says the connection timed out. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes but nothing works. Help!

So it was my girlfriend's phone that wouldn't update on her laptop. I connected it to my desktop and it ran through the update no problem, except that she has to re-download her apps and sync her music. It kept all her contacts and photos!

So I finally got it! I don't know what it was but it downloaded this time. I tried downloading ios5 on my iPad first and it worked fine, then I tried again on my iPhone and it worked! I'm not sure why it didn't work before.

Does anybody have any advice for the other people that are still having problems?