What's new

iOS 5 beta 7 reminder app bug?

sebwolanski

Reaction score
So I've been using the iOS 5 betas since the 4th one and I've just noticed that my reminders app no longer lets me add a new reminder. It only has a "completed" page. Any reasons why?

Attachments

• $image-2720169025.jpg
    $image-2720169025.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 492

iPhoneguy2007

Reaction score
sebwolanski said:
So I've been using the iOS 5 betas since the 4th one and I've just noticed that my reminders app no longer lets me add a new reminder. It only has a "completed" page. Any reasons why?

I'm running beta 7 and my reminders app works fine. No issues. I added one about a hour or so ago :p

Attachments

• $image-631552490.jpg
    $image-631552490.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 493

iCrank

Reaction score
sebwolanski said:

I couldn't tell you I'm not using a beta.

Domino3k

Reaction score
I've been trying to get the beta but can't since I'm not on a developer account :/

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Take your finger, place it on the word completed and swipe the finger to the left.

OP
S

sebwolanski

Reaction score
Skull One said:
Take your finger, place it on the word completed and swipe the finger to the left.

You don't think I've tried that??-_- It's only one page or circle on the bottom of the screen.

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Skull One said:

You don't think I've tried that??-_- It's only one page or circle on the bottom of the screen.

I don't assume anything when trying to help.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you done a fresh install of Beta 7?

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. That gets us to a level playing field and the auto data restore allowed the condition to persist.

Best idea is a screen shot of you edit screen for the app. Hit the three bar button top left and then on the next screen hit edit on the top right. Take a screen shot and post please. Odds are the final clue is there.

OP
S

sebwolanski

Reaction score
Skull One said:
Ok. That gets us to a level playing field and the auto data restore allowed the condition to persist.

Best idea is a screen shot of you edit screen for the app. Hit the three bar button top left and then on the next screen hit edit on the top right. Take a screen shot and post please. Odds are the final clue is there.

There ya go

Attachments

• $image-2237818298.jpg
    $image-2237818298.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 448

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now THAT is interesting. In fact that is outright bizarre. Somehow you are in read only mode against a MAIL account that supports reminders.

Ok time to find out what is going on. Need a few screen shots now.

Please make sure there is no personal info showing in the screen shots.

First: The accounts under Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Second: iCloud settings. I need the to see Mail thru Find My iPhone

IF any of the Mail accounts have the word Reminders please note when you go into that account if there is a on/off slider for Reminders.

OP
S

sebwolanski

Reaction score
Omg hahaha! I figured it out! My iCloud settings had reminders off haha. I had no idea that had anything to do with it. Thanks man!

Most reactions