What's new

Installing App without jailbreak

dannii

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if the following COULD be done. (I do not want to jailbreak this particular iDevice, so please don't just tell me this is the easier/quicker way, I want to find a way to do this WITHOUT a jailbreak.)

I want to install psx4iphone without a jailbreak, onto my iphone. I was thinking this could be done by downloading the app somewhere from the internet (I know that its free, and there'd probably be plenty of places I could find it), and then using a computer program, access the files on the phone and install it manually.

I thought that there might be some problems with the app not have been 'registered', or something like that, so could I somehow make the phone think it is an app I made and am testing, or name it another app on the device and just delete that one?

Thanks for reading :D

Provided you are authorised to do so in accordance with the licensing agreement for the software in question, then you can use your own legitimate Apple Developer account to sign the package and install it on a device which is also registered with Apple and has your provisioning profiles on it. Registering as an Apple developer costs $99 per year.

iMAME4ALL, as an example, provides a package on their website which can be signed by developers in order to do this very thing. I have no idea whether the psx emulator you mention is licensed to allow this, you would need to contact the developers.

Last edited: