What's new

Imessenger

abbyg

Reaction score
My imessenger just says connecting with the little circle constantly spinning at the top, but nothing actually happens. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it but it hasn't worked. I really want to use it but can't seem to get it working! Has anyone had this issue? How do I get it working?

Have you tried messaging someone with an iPhone? If it sends blue imessenger is activated. If it's still green then they may not have ios5 installed yet

My imessenger just says connecting with the little circle constantly spinning at the top, but nothing actually happens. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it but it hasn't worked. I really want to use it but can't seem to get it working! Has anyone had this issue? How do I get it working?

Test with me if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

Have you tried messaging someone with an iPhone? If it sends blue imessenger is activated. If it's still green then they may not have ios5 installed yet

Or the other person may have no 3G cover or no Internet connection,so many things may happen,data disabled,iMessage on off ...

Im having the same issue, I have the coverage an everything my iMessage in SMS are working fine I just can't get I messenger up an working. My husband and I both have iPhone 4 with the updated software and we can't figure it out. Can someone please help.

Hi MJR1989,what u mean can't get it working? if two of us have latest sw iOS5 should work,Just txt him as u txt usualy,have a look at the send button it has to be blue if is still green mean something is wrong
Good luck

Like I said Mariuss, it's working fine through SMS the IMessage's are sending without any issue. It's the iMessenger app that isn't. Every time I open the app it just says connecting. I want to know how to get the app to stop saying connecting and be able to add contacts. It's suppose to be the software to beat out BBM and it's not working.

There is no specific "app" for it. You will not be adding contacts to anything. When you send a message to someone else with iOS5 that has iMessage also, it will go as an iMessage and the "bubble" will be blue instead of green. It will also say it is an iMessage in small print below the message.

Edit...I didn't realize you were talking about a paid app in the App Store. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
There is an I messenger app in app world works like ping chat. I haven't used it before so can't help if it works or not.

I see that now. They are two different things. I should have called the native product iMessage, which is free. The App Store product is iMessenger. Noted!

Like I said Mariuss, it's working fine through SMS the IMessage's are sending without any issue. It's the iMessenger app that isn't. Every time I open the app it just says connecting. I want to know how to get the app to stop saying connecting and be able to add contacts. It's suppose to be the software to beat out BBM and it's not working.

Just delete the app it's not needed now you're on iOS 5. Simples!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk