What's new

Trouble rebooting iPhone after uninstalling Siri

Callum37142

Reaction score
Hi there guys, just looking for some tips on how to get my iPhone back up and running. Basically what happened was is I downloaded the Siri app off Cydia (Not H1SIRI) and I chose to uninstall it after everything. So I hit edit and pressed uninstall. The spinning circle appeared and then asked to restart springboard, nothing happened, just went to apple logo, and because of tethered jailbreak, wouldn't turn on, so put it in DFU mode to boot tethered and it just stayed on the pineapple logo, but then the computer made the device connect sound and came up as connected in itunes! I tried restoring it also, but all I get is errors after errors on itunes, even after following all the steps to get rid of them, I also can't seem to get any SHSH blobs aswell from tinyumbrella. I really have no idea what to do now!

Help would be so useful as I use this phone for work, as I work out on the railways as a driver, so very useful for emails.

Kind regards

Callum

First off make sure you never ever ever modify the his file. If you did the change it back.

I would restore in DFU mode to the latest iOS version, then once it's restored Tiny Umbrella should be able to recognize it to download the 5.0.1/5.1 SHSH.

If you are already on 5.1.1 the you don't need to worry about SHSH...you can just DFU restore. Then figure out what SHSH you have from there.

If you are trying to restore to a custom iPSW it will never work unless you enter PWNED DFU mode.

If you modified your host file you won't be able to restore *period* until you change it back.