What's new

I'm losing signal with my case ON?!?!?

Ferrari

Reaction score
So I always wondered why I'm getting 1 signal with my iPhone at my house when my older phone got 3-5 bars
so I decided to take it out of the case and what do u know, it went to 3-5 bars.

so I was wondering, does EVERY case make the iPhone lose signal? or what can I purchase that it wont?
the Bumper is on the way, but not sure if that'll lose signal also :(

also, this is what I have: http://cgi.ebay.com/Silver-Chrome-H...960294?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item335fa4aee6

Is it metal? I see its chrome but like chrome looking or what? I have the bumper and it doesnt affect it

yeah it's a 2 piece case
and no it's not a metal (I can bend it and I can break it)

what kinda case do I need to get in order for it not to lose signal? a hard metallic case?
I just bought this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300466512427&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
would this lose signal?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that looks like a signal friendly case. I dont understand why your last case wasnt signal friendly. If it was metal then thats one thing but you said it wasnt so idk. I know that the vapor 4 cases are aluminum and they look really sweet but those kill your signal. As long as the inside of the case doesnt jump the two antennas on the side of your phone, you should be good.

yeah it's a 2 piece case

what kinda case do I need to get in order for it not to lose signal? a hard metallic case?
I just bought this eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
would this lose signal?

Yeah that looks like a signal friendly case. I dont understand why your last case wasnt signal friendly. If it was metal then thats one thing but you said it wasnt so idk. I know that the vapor 4 cases are aluminum and they look really sweet but those kill your signal. As long as the inside of the case doesnt jump the two antennas on the side of your phone, you should be good.[/QUOTE]

Where exactly are the antennas on the side of your phone?
and also, I think it is aluminum because chrome = real expansive :p
so yeah it probably is
would a silicon case jam my signal?
This is what I'm getting in my mailbox sometime by wednesday http://www.mybesttiffanyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tire-tread-iphone-3g-case.jpg

Last edited:
yeah it's a 2 piece case

I just bought this eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
would this lose signal?

Yeah that looks like a signal friendly case. I dont understand why your last case wasnt signal friendly. If it was metal then thats one thing but you said it wasnt so idk. I know that the vapor 4 cases are aluminum and they look really sweet but those kill your signal. As long as the inside of the case doesnt jump the two antennas on the side of your phone, you should be good.

so yeah it probably is
This is what I'm getting in my mailbox sometime by wednesday http://www.mybesttiffanyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tire-tread-iphone-3g-case.jpg[/QUOTE]

Silicon is good to use. Im using an otterbox wich is plastic and silicon and im good on signal. The metal band going all the way around the edge of your phone is the antenna. The little black plastic piece seperates the different antennas.

Also. What phone do you have? I noticed you said you bought one case and then another but not for the same phone

yeah it's a 2 piece case

would this lose signal?

so yeah it probably is
This is what I'm getting in my mailbox sometime by wednesday http://www.mybesttiffanyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tire-tread-iphone-3g-case.jpg

Silicon is good to use. Im using an otterbox wich is plastic and silicon and im good on signal. The metal band going all the way around the edge of your phone is the antenna. The little black plastic piece seperates the different antennas.

Also. What phone do you have? I noticed you said you bought one case and then another but not for the same phone[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the info
I got an iPhone 4 (only 1)
but I was swapping around cases and I noticed I was losing signal with the aluminum case

and I'll never get otter box
wayyy too big