What's new

Metal bumper case and signal

mach1man

Reaction score
So I was looking at some metal bumper cases on eBay tonight and was wondering how bad they effect signal strength. I'd really like to have a few different styles but really don't wanna lose signal. Has anyone had any experience in this?

So I was looking at some metal bumper cases on eBay tonight and was wondering how bad they effect signal strength. I'd really like to have a few different styles but really don't wanna lose signal. Has anyone had any experience in this?
i've had two metal bumpers so far and neither affected the signal.

Where did you get the metal bumper cases from? Every review I look at on amazon shows that they block cell service.

I can't use really any type of metal case with my iPhone 5 without dropping some bars... With my old iPhone 4S I would drop all sig when using metal and go straight to No Service every time but I really think its a hit miss type of situation if this will happen to you or not all depending on how the signal might be where your at. Because at home I only get 3 bars in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iPF.net

Bought a Draco after seeing Ivy's (@PoisonIvy) and haven't been seeing any signal difference. It might be the choice of metal, the thickness and such that's affecting it. I've also had the Arachnophobia case as well at one point for the 4S, and signal wasn't affected, but that might be because of how the case grips the device.

Bought a Draco after seeing Ivy's (@PoisonIvy) and haven't been seeing any signal difference. It might be the choice of metal, the thickness and such that's affecting it. I've also had the Arachnophobia case as well at one point for the 4S, and signal wasn't affected, but that might be because of how the case grips the device.

Good to hear as my Draco should be here in a few days....can't wait!