What's new

Will this case fit the Verizon iPhone??

mpetruzz

Reaction score
Those tolerances look too close to allow any variance to me. I would suspect that it wouldn't work with the volume buttons straight off.

Actually it will fit, the only difference in the phones is the mute switch is a tad higher, the volume buttons are in the exact same spot.

Actually it will fit, the only difference in the phones is the mute switch is a tad higher, the volume buttons are in the exact same spot.

You sure? The write ups online are all saying they are slightly lower to allow for the modified antenna placement. I believe I even read Apple saying that somewhere.

Take a look at this picture. The volume buttons most definitely are shifted down on the Verizon iPhone to account for the new antenna placement. That shows up rather clearly here.
iphone-vzw-hands-dsc0560-rm-eng.jpg

Take a look at this picture. The volume buttons most definitely are shifted down on the Verizon iPhone to account for the new antenna placement. That shows up rather clearly here.
iphone-vzw-hands-dsc0560-rm-eng.jpg

No, they look moved because of the angle of the picture. The only thing that changed is the mute switch. See the new universal iphone bumpers at the apple store. Only thing that moved was the hole is bigger for the mute switch.

I was just posting the article to engadget lol

Universal iPhone bumper found in Apple Store, mute button gets more space (video) -- Engadget

But yeah, the volume buttons are the same, since they're precise, just the whole is big enough to allow for the top of the AT&T iPhone and the bottom of the verizon iPhone mute buttons.

And what's weird, if you look at the hole, the outside trim of the hole is the same, just the inside was cut out, which makes me think that they had that basic shaped planned out since they developed the iPhone 4 bumper, not just the new one. If that made sense how I order it lol

Here is a picture I took. Yes I have both phones, please don't ask how but the buttons and everything else is identical, the only thing different is the mute switch.

Attachments

• $at&t and Verizon Iphone.jpg
    $at&t and Verizon Iphone.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,045
Here is a picture I took. Yes I have both phones, please don't ask how but the buttons and everything else is identical, the only thing different is the mute switch.

Ahhh, since we apparently have someone closer to the inside. Please, PLEASE, can you tell us if you have heard ANY hints about what is going to happen to the data plan on this phone? Are we going to be irritable with Verizon?

Thats all I care about at this point, if you could just slip alittle something to us it would go a long way cause I plan on being all over this phone but if its a different data plan I will just stay with android.

I don't work for Verizon so I am not sure but I don't think they will be the same. That's just rumors from people around Apple. I could be wrong but don't hold your breath on a unlimited plan for 30 bucks.

I don't work for Verizon so I am not sure but I don't think they will be the same. That's just rumors from people around Apple. I could be wrong but don't hold your breath on a unlimited plan for 30 bucks.

I would be surprised if they did. If they at least could set it up so I could get bracketed at $30, I would be content, I will tether off my Incredible like I've been doing. I just have a bad feeling they're about to do something stupid. Of course, my wife is set on the phone now so I may just have to do some plan jockeying.

VZW/apple(who ever decides this) can kiss my ass if they change the unlimited plan for this one phone. verizon has screwed their customers enough already this year and were not even out of January it will be a HUGE let down if they mess this up.

The data plan pricing and service pricing falls squarely on the shoulders of Verizon. Apple has nothing to do with policies such as that.