What's new

I'm jailbroken 5.1?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
I jailbroke when the phone was at 5.0.1 and now all of a sudden I see that I'm up to date at 5.1 firmware 1.0.13 and still jailbroken but I never update the phone myself. I found this out coz I'm trying to unlock, any idea why this happened? thanks

That's kinda weird. Even though 5.1.1 is the latest so technically you're not up to date :p

Sent from my cellular device

I jailbroke when the phone was at 5.0.1 and now all of a sudden I see that I'm up to date at 5.1 firmware 1.0.13 and still jailbroken but I never update the phone myself. I found this out coz I'm trying to unlock, any idea why this happened? thanks

You were probably not jailbroken on 5.0.1.

what you said happened is impossible, period.

You probably restored before jailbreaking 5.0.1, but instead of just restoring, you updated to 5.1 and didn't realize it, then jailbroke.

Thinking you were still on 5.0.1 when you were not.

I guess so just not sure what happened there. I'm trying to unlock my 4s 1.0.13, any suggestions? thanks

Last edited:
HUNTER1 said:
I guess so just not sure what happened there. I'm trying to unlock my 4s 1.0.13, any suggestions? thanks

What is your carrier?

Its AT&T
I also red you're response to the SAM unlock and haven't used it before. I never needed the unlock until now coz I'm going abroad.

Last edited:
HUNTER1 said:
5.1 with 1.0.13

Not possible. There is no way to preserve baseband on an iPhone 4s. You must be on 5.0.1. 5.1 baseband is 2.0.10.

here is the screenshot version 5.1 modem firmware 1.0.13. Can I unlock?
64acf45a.jpg

HUNTER1 said:
here is the screenshot version 5.1 modem firmware 1.0.13. Can I unlock?

Its changed. 9A405 was the build for ios 5.0.1. 5.1 should be 9B179. You have either a messed up phone. Or youve faked your screen

My phone is working just fine and why would I fake the screen for what? I'm merely asking for advice how to unlock and giving the information from my phone even took the time to take screenshot. I have no idea what these phones software supposed to have but my 4s has this. So if you have any idea on how to unlock I really appreciate it.

HUNTER1 said:
My phone is working just fine and why would I fake the screen for what? I'm merely asking for advice how to unlock and giving the information from my phone even took the time to take screenshot. I have no idea what these phones software supposed to have but my 4s has this. So if you have any idea on how to unlock I really appreciate it.

I would restore. That is messed up. The 5.1.1 baseband is unlockable via gevey and untethered jailbreak. And you could not be jailbroken on 5.1. That is not jailbreakble for a 4s. You have got to be faking the screen. It is not possible to have that baseband on 5.1. Nor is it possible to jailbreak that version.

Well my phone is fine and I'm ok the way it is, if I can't unlock it that's fine too. I will only restore if the update is significant. I'm pretty sure theres a way to unlock this phone

HUNTER1 said:
Well my phone is fine and I'm ok the way it is, if I can't unlock it that's fine too. I will only restore if the update is significant. I'm pretty sure theres a way to unlock this phone

If you restore. Update to 5.1.1. Unlock with gevey. Jailbreak with absinthe. You will be fine. Your phone is messed up. 9A405 is the build number for ios 5.0.1. Restore to 5.1.1 for unlock and untethered jailbreak. 5.1 on a 4s isnt jailbreakable.