What's new

ideb

ideb

Reaction score
Hey! I want to know if I can use my voice to type text on iPhone4? Thank you!

Not easily. But you should install the Dragon Dictation app from the App Store and try it. It's the best around for speech to text that I know of.

Wow! Thanks for rapid reply! I wii try it. Still waiting for my new ipad2. Ordered it on day one...I like this site!

I hope ipad2 comes soon so I can easily see the screen and not make silly typos! I LOVE that app and free as well. I was afraid I may have to add a line and another android phone to make texting easier. Now to figure out if I can make it work for typing on this site.

I am having difficulty posting a picture.

ideb.... Wow! An iPhone AND an iPad2??? Nice. Ya know, ya could send me an iPad and we'd be BFFs for a long time!

Sorry, I can't help you posting a picture. Maybe someone else here can help....

I had a great time at work today showing my new voice text app! I have emotional love for my idevices! I have no idea when my new iPad will arrive. It is killing me. I knew I should have gone to apple and stood in line. I figured Verizon would have been faster getting it to me. Oh well. Hopefully it will be here soon. Ciao! ideb

What is this hot button topic "jail breaking?" and just FYI we are having a nice little spring snow here in Omaha!

As far as I know, jailbreaking is like replacing much of the iPhone's Operating System with another one. (Imagine going from Windows 98 to Windows XP) And with the "jailbroken" phone, some people can download and use apps and other programs that are way more powerful than the ones found only in the Apple App Store. Again, as far as I know.....

Correct. Apart from jailbreaking doesn't replace any of the operating system. It just exploits a part of it to allow cydia (a jailbreakers app store) to be installed...

Thanks for the info, gaz.... That explains a few things I wondered about.