What's new

App for voice texting

jgolfr13

Reaction score
After searching the app store for a voice text app I did an Internet search. There I found a thread from the
VoiceToApps developer. After reading about the app I risked a buck on it. I made several recordings and they were
all perfect. My only tweak would be to be able to say "text message" and a name. But since this is first of several
voice recognition apps I tried that works (including Dragon) I won't quibble.

One more thought, I think apple is negligent in their offerings not to have a voice text app. Android does with a
google voice app.

I've tried this app with little success, but then that is true if most voice to text apps, so perhaps it's my accent (cockney/essex boy) :)

Well they do, but only for the 4s so far, Siri. I don't know why they will not release it for older models (maybe someday). I have the 4s jailbroken and also downloaded "Siri Toggles" on Cydia and all I can say now is "wow" this is the way Siri should be. It will control near everything on my phone now. Again since this is for 4s it prolly doesnt help you out much....

seneca18 said:
Well they do, but only for the 4s so far, Siri. I don't know why they will not release it for older models (maybe someday). I have the 4s jailbroken and also downloaded "Siri Toggles" on Cydia and all I can say now is "wow" this is the way Siri should be. It will control near everything on my phone now. Again since this is for 4s it prolly doesnt help you out much....

i hear bad and good reports on SIRI, but tbh it would take a lot more than that app and marginal performance, to cause me to invest in a 4s