What's new

iCloud

elitegamer767

Reaction score
How long does iCloud take to back up your phone first time if initiated from the device itself?

Also if anyone can help how long will it take to restore from that back up?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Everything depends on your connection speed and on the size of data you are backing up to/ restoring from iCloud.

Apparently 524mb of back up showing on the phone and my wifi Internet speed at home is 3meg if this helps

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

3mb/s is what your provider gives to you, the is most of the fluctuation in the connection, however with 3mb/s you will be able to download from iCloud you backup in 175seconds, that is if iCloud allow uploading up to 3mb/s (I'm not sure about iCloud uploading speed)
As for you uploading you backup to iCloud, it's also depend on your Internet connection and your uploading speed is not the same as your downloading speed, usually the uploading speed is slower than the downloading speed, so your uploading could take more time.

I had to backup my 4S and it would have been really quick (total reset to iCloud backup would be somewhere around 10 min?), except for the music backup portion, which made it much longer.