What's new

I upgrade today!

tibadoe

Reaction score
I ordered my 6 plus from Apple a few weeks ago. Ready to activate it and pass the 4s down the line. If memory serves me all I need to do on the 4s is perform a backup in iTunes and sign out of iCloud? Then I can do a reset it to bring it back to "stock" like when I bought it?

You can decide where to backup: iTunes or iCloud.

Before erasing the 4s, turn off Find my iPhone, then go to Settings - General - Reset and Reset all Content and Settings. This will set it back to factory settings.

If you haven't already done so, or it's not included with your new phone, you'll need a new SIM card as the iPhone 6 Plus uses a Nano SIM card and the iPhone 4S uses a Micro SIM card.

You can decide where to backup: iTunes or iCloud.

Before erasing the 4s, turn off Find my iPhone, then go to Settings - General - Reset and Reset all Content and Settings. This will set it back to factory settings.

I use iTunes for almost everything & iCloud for just a couple of things.......check!

Never turned on the Find my iPhone so I'm good to go on that......check! Thanks

If you haven't already done so, or it's not included with your new phone, you'll need a new SIM card as the iPhone 6 Plus uses a Nano SIM card and the iPhone 4S uses a Micro SIM card.

Got the nano sim card last week........check! Thanks.

Well it has been just over a week and I have to say I love the 6 Plus. What a big jump up from the 4s. Don't get me wrong I liked the 4s and it has been a great phone over the years. If you are like me and wait two to three years before upgrading - you pretty much get left behind on the technology bandwagon.

I'm glad I made the upgrade and got the unlocked A1524 model. No problems or glitches. Battery life is better than expected. It has been 48 hours since my last charge and I'm still at 69%.

Well it has been just over a week and I have to say I love the 6 Plus. What a big jump up from the 4s. Don't get me wrong I liked the 4s and it has been a great phone over the years. If you are like me and wait two to three years before upgrading - you pretty much get left behind on the technology bandwagon.

I'm glad I made the upgrade and got the unlocked A1524 model. No problems or glitches. Battery life is better than expected. It has been 48 hours since my last charge and I'm still at 69%.
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love the 6 Plus as much as most people who've tried it. If you're into gaming it's much better because of the faster processor and motion co-processor as well as the much larger screen. I never realized how tiny the 4S is next to the 6 Plus until I held them side by side.

ConGrats on the 6 Plus. I can barely wait until Sept/Oct to upgrade my 5s to the 6s/6sPlus. I'm tempted to upgrade now because the 3/4 months wait seems like an eternity.....SMILE

Congrats! The last iPhone I used before 6+ is also an 4s. The improvement is obvious - long battery life, bigger screen, faster response, LTE support, ... I could keep talking if nobody stops me!

Congrats on your 6 Plus. I had the 4s for quite a while. I had no problems with it but man, do I love the 6 Plus. Incredible. I've got Apple TV and I really enjoy AirPlay and how my Phone, Laptop and TV are all interactive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I'm still undecided about getting the 6s or the 6s Plus, but lately I've been looking more at the 6s Plus.....Why Apple, why do you have to make decisions sooooo hard. (forehead slap)

Right now I'm still undecided about getting the 6s or the 6s Plus, but lately I've been looking more at the 6s Plus.....Why Apple, why do you have to make decisions sooooo hard. (forehead slap)
Maybe when the specs ect are released it will help you make up your mind.

Maybe when the specs ect are released it will help you make up your mind.

Yes. Maybe, but I expect the specs to be better on the 6s Plus just like the specs on the 6Plus are better than the 6. I think it's the screen real estate that I'm really confused about. Do I really need a smartphone that HUGE. [emoji50][emoji52][emoji16]

And all of us 6+ owners keep saying it didn't seem oversized after a few weeks.
Think of how you use and carry the phone and remember the case will add a bit.