What's new

New 6+ owner w/questions

Logan 7+

Reaction score
Hello all, I just signed up, I live in west central BC where it's snowing.
I just ordered an iphone 6+ with 64 GIG & am waiting for it to get here.
Been reading & have a few questions:
1- What is the highest OS can I upgrade to on the 6+? (Is it necessary?)
2- Can I uninstall or delete unwanted games/apps to save on memory (& performance)?
3- Can I add a SIM later (won't be making calls for awhile (we have no cell service out here yet)
4- Can I transfer things from the iphone to my (windoze) computer?
Thanks (I hope) & somedaay I'll be able to contribute.
Waiting for wize advice. :)
Logan

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

The most recent software version for your iPhone is 12.4.9. I’d recommend updating to that version, in case that hasn’t been done yet. Since the current version, iOS 14x doesn’t work on the iPhone 6+, Apple releases security updates from time to time, and 12.4.9 is a security update.

It’s possible to remove preinstalled apps. This won’t free up storage on your iPhone, though, and it can affect other functions:
Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, iPadOS device or Apple Watch
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208094
It’s possible to use the iPhone without SIM card. You might have to use a SIM card while setting it up:
How to activate an iPhone without a SIM card (or Wi-Fi)

You can transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer:
Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope that helps.

Thank You JA! Now just to wait for the dam mail service to get it here. I'll go shop for a sim card.
I've never had an I-thing so it will be a new learning experience. Looking forward to that. :)
A friend has an Iphone & I'm amazed at some of the apps he has, so I bought one too.
Thanks again, that was as perfect reply!

Congrats on your New phone.
This is a great forum with great people who are very wise should you need more help...Obviously [emoji817]