What's new

iPhone 6+ questions

ludo

Reaction score
Good morning/evening,
I recently ordered an iPhone 6+ 128gb from the internet, I will receive it in the beginning of next week,
I can't wait to open that box and try it,

However, I have some few concerns and questions about it:
- Since the phone is very expensive (I paid around 1000€), are there some accessories and advices to prevent it from breaking ?
- How long is the charging cable that is in the box ? I need a long cable (around 2 meters, I think it is a little more than 6ft for us sizes), will I be able to get one from an Apple store ? How much would it cost ?
- I heard that the phone might bend, does it really happen ?
- I've always used android, will it be easy for me to get started with an iPhone ? Are all apps that are available on android also available on iOS ?
- And one last thing, how do you pay the apps ? Can you pay with your subscription ?

Thanks for your answers !

Good morning/evening,
I recently ordered an iPhone 6+ 128gb from the internet, I will receive it in the beginning of next week,
I can't wait to open that box and try it,

However, I have some few concerns and questions about it:
- Since the phone is very expensive (I paid around 1000€), are there some accessories and advices to prevent it from breaking ?
- How long is the charging cable that is in the box ? I need a long cable (around 2 meters), will I be able to get one from an Apple store ? How much would it cost ?
- I heard that the phone might bend, does it really happen ?
- I've always used android, will it be easy for me to get started with an iPhone ? Are all apps that are available on android also available on iOS ?
- And one last thing, how do you pay the apps ? Can you pay with your subscription ?

Thanks for your answers !
Welcome to iPhoneForums, ludo!

To use the iPhone, you need an Apple ID. With that ID, you'll also have/set up a payment method. It's possible to use a credit card, or use None as payment method. If the latter, you'd need iTunes gift cards to be able to purchase apps, songs, movies, ... It's also possible that your country provides other methods than the ones I've mentioned in addition.

It's possible to set up an Apple ID when you set up the iPhone. It's also possible to use your Gmail address as Apple ID. Your Apple ID has to be an active email address, btw.

There are tools that will help you migrating from Android to iPhone. This will help you:
Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple's App Store has more apps than Google's Play Store, afaik. Quite a few of the Android apps can also be found in the App Store, in case you'd like to use them on your iPhone as well. You'll have to purchase and pay them in the Apple Store again to be able to use it.

You'll soon notice that iPhones work different than Android phones. For a start, this user guide will help you: https://help.apple.com/iphone/9/

The charging cable that comes with the box doesn't have 2 m, but it's possible to get a cable with the length you need in the Apple Store. The one in my country's store (Austria) is 35 €. You'll also get cases there, for your device's protection.
It's also possible to order cases somewhere else. I get mine from amazon, e.g.

The iPhone 6 plus doesn't bend as easy as has been told. We have a thread in our forum proving this:
Has anyone's iPhone 6 plus bend yet? | Apple iPhone Forum

I hope I was able to answer a few of your questions.
If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Thanks for your answers, I just received my first iPhone and it looks so great, but it said that I need a SIM card to 'activate' the phone, and my SIM card is too big and doesn't fit in the SIM slot !
I knew I had to change my sim card but I taught I could at least use it with the Wi-Fi network, it is 8PM here and all stores are, obviously closed, is there something I can do to activate it without sim card or do I really have to wait until tomorrow ?
Thanks !

It's not possible to activate the iPhone without SIM card. You'll need a Nano SIM for your device.

That's your opinion.
I've used Android phones for years, before I purchased my first iPhone last year. I didn't have any problems with my devices, but I would rather get a new iPhone than another Android phone. And not because of the name, but because I like what I get.

Sorry to say but you have made poor choice. Premium devices from android such as XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM or NOTE 5 are much better devices for the money you pay. You cant name any special features or better features the iphone has over the devices i have listed. Do not buy a device for name. Buy it for what you get

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I am using it as my main phone since 2 weeks now and it satisfies me, not only because it is an apple device, but because it feels great quality, (not plastic) the OS is really different from android but it is very easy to use, there are thousands of apps available only for iOS,no lags at all and overall it is a great battery life! The screen is beautiful also. I like android and still use android phones and devices but iOS is great also

Battery life is good because it has nowhere near the pixels and resolutions android devices are running. Not only that android devices have four times as many cores. So you cant compare a 4 cylinder to a 8 cylinder.

The screen looks beautiful. Also, the A8 CPU is great, do a benchmark on an iPhone 6 or 6 plus it will beat most android devices !

I have seen the benchmark scores and iphone is nowhere near android.

The iPhone 6 does 2931 in Geekbench, it is a very high score.

Multicore or single core? What is important is using all cores to get a benchmark. So check the scores of note 5 or s6 edge. Iphone has no chance

Multicore 2931.
The S6 Edge was released 8 months after the iPhone 6, phones evolve so fast, you can't compare a phone a released in 2014 with a phone released in 2015...