What's new

Upgrading from 4s to 6 plus

tibadoe

Reaction score
My 6 plus was delivered on Friday. Been so long since I set up a new phone I have some questions.

Currently I back up everything on Desktop in iTunes. I also use iCloud for Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes.

When I set up the 6 (under same iTunes/iCloud account) I will also back up to desktop and use iCloud for the same backups. I will be keeping the 4s for a bit and do not want all the apps I have installed on the 4s to be on the 6 plus. I'm guessing I go through setup first on phone and when completed I can sync with iTunes? And it will keep each phone under same account but the different apps installed on each phone?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Congrats! That's a big leap.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

You can set up the new iPhone with the same Apple ID, you can also sync it with iTunes, if you prefer this. If you set up the same iCloud ID on both iPhones, it will sync Contacts, Reminders, Notes and Reminders, if enabled.

If you don't want the same apps on both devices, make sure "Automatic Downloads" is disabled in Settings - iTunes & App Store on both iPhones. If you install an app on one of them, this will prevent downloading the same app to the other one as well.

Hope that helps.

.................If you don't want the same apps on both devices, make sure "Automatic Downloads" is disabled in Settings - iTunes & App Store on both iPhones. If you install an app on one of them, this will prevent downloading the same app to the other one as well.

Hope that helps.

This is what I was looking for. I do have the Automatic Downloads disabled. I will make sure it is also Disabled on the 6 plus.
Wanted to make sure that on setup it didn't automatically start syncing the phone just like my 4s.

Thanks

Wow. Ummm. Are you sure? It's a humongous phone compared to the iPhone 4. I mean, GINORMOUS! Don't get me wrong, I really dig the iPhone 6 Plus and with my older eyes, they are happy as well, but I had plenty of Android phones from 4.7 to 5.5 between my iPhone 4 and 6 plus.

I waited to move to an iPhone until they came out with a Big phone. Still learning my way around IOS but really like the phone so far. The 6 plus size was the deciding factor for me. Yes it is a bit large in the pocket but that is out weighed when I am using it!

I waited to move to an iPhone until they came out with a Big phone. Still learning my way around IOS but really like the phone so far. The 6 plus size was the deciding factor for me. Yes it is a bit large in the pocket but that is out weighed when I am using it!
and what do you think about the battery life? My mom has my iPhone 6 i picked up on launch day last year, because I needed to switch back to a Droid for a bit. The battery was good, but only lasted me a day. The 6+ goes 2-3 days for me.