What's new

Iphone 6 Plus Case Advice

Jayce75

Reaction score
I'm about to order my wife an Iphone 6 Plus and am looking for a case for her. Now her phones have gone through multiple drops and her 5 ended up taking a swim in a pina colada over the 4th of July. When I replaced her phone I went right to an Otterbox Defender.

She was was already concerned about the size of the 6 plus - not fitting into her smaller bags - but she tried my 6 plus and it fits perfectly. She doesn't want an Otterbox Defender as it'll add too much bulk to the phone and it won't fit in the smaller bags.

Is there a case that has close to the same protection as an Otterbox that is also as slim as the phone? One thing that I did like about the Otterbox Defender was that the screen was protected as well so if possible I'd want that feature as well. Has anyone found something that has great protection for the body and the screen?

I'm about to order my wife an Iphone 6 Plus and am looking for a case for her. Now her phones have gone through multiple drops and her 5 ended up taking a swim in a pina colada over the 4th of July. When I replaced her phone I went right to an Otterbox Defender.

She was was already concerned about the size of the 6 plus - not fitting into her smaller bags - but she tried my 6 plus and it fits perfectly. She doesn't want an Otterbox Defender as it'll add too much bulk to the phone and it won't fit in the smaller bags.

Is there a case that has close to the same protection as an Otterbox that is also as slim as the phone? One thing that I did like about the Otterbox Defender was that the screen was protected as well so if possible I'd want that feature as well. Has anyone found something that has great protection for the body and the screen?
If you want a waterproof case, one of the best will be the LifeProof case when it's released later this month. It adds surprisingly little bulk to the phone. OtterBox also offers a waterproof case called the Preserver but I'm not sure if it's available for the 6 plus yet. These cases offer some protection against dropping but are not as protective as the OtterBox Defender series.

Cases such as the Griffin Survivor series offer good protection at the expense of adding considerable bulk to the iPhone.

The cases I mentioned come with built in screen protectors with the exception of the LifeProof nüüd. If offered, the Lifeproof frē is almost as slim as the nüüd model but has a built in screen protector.

I have a New Trent Trentium 6L, also had one on my 5s, I love it. Has a screen protector adds very little bulk and the build quality is top notch. And...they are only $21.95

It's at the ATT store... Or case mate I still feel the pelican would handle strong drops and is perfect.

The one that doesn't have a screen cover I would assume protector[emoji175]