What's new

Considering an iPhone 6+

I only really miss one thing and that is not being able to download any app that I want. I don't understand why Apple blocks some apps. I paid for the phone so don't give me the security excuse. Other than that I love it.

I like the fact that Apple block certain apps, I find it reassuring.

It comes down to the fact that you can run malicious code a lot easier on Android comparatively speaking. Sideloading APKs allows for greater flexibility in terms of installing applications that cannot be found/are removed/rejected by the Play Store yes, but with respect to users that sideload APKs and AppData (pirates, not you specifically @MksTn) it opens the door to easily phish for their information. Considering the fact that a lot of Android users are stock users either by choice or imposed, it makes it that much easier for malicious injections to go by unchecked since only a handful of ROMs have appropriate checks baked into them, or, you can install certain "tweaks" or applications via Xposed to do it, which again requires root and/or an unlocked bootloader.

Apple's choice in maintaining a closed door policy makes them extremely attractive in terms of information security (which made Blackberry a go-to in the past), particularly in an age where business are willing to wage data warfare, corporate espionage cripples competition in the business, so that's a pro for it. Playing devil's advocate, I do agree with you though, you paid for the phone, so you should have the option of essentially doing whatever you want, but since you're using proprietary software owned by Apple, they do force you into a position of either picking/using them with restriction, or not at all, with jailbreaking being the solution of sorts depending on how you use it.

@johnmcc07 that's the bane of Android honestly. Updates aren't pushed out regularly or as speedily as many users would like, particularly when they're not using a GPE/factory device (i.e. carrier variants). Being on the Verizon M8 as my person device, I'm better off going for something like Cyanogenmod or some AOSP/Nightly ROM to get actual updates than to wait for Verizon who usually pushes the update out about 6-8 months after the GPE release, and even then it's still buggy.

I like this thread as i have owned Android since 2009 and plan to buy a new Plus next month. Two of my friends preordered the new Note 5 today and that got me thinking about one thing I will miss about Android - the size. I don't understand why the oiPhone is so large.

My LG G3 has a 5.5 screen just like the plus. However, its length is 12 mm shorter, its width is 3 mm less. The new Note 5 has a 5.7 inch screen yet is not as long or wide.

I like this thread as i have owned Android since 2009 and plan to buy a new Plus next month. Two of my friends preordered the new Note 5 today and that got me thinking about one thing I will miss about Android - the size. I don't understand why the oiPhone is so large.

My LG G3 has a 5.5 screen just like the plus. However, its length is 12 mm shorter, its width is 3 mm less. The new Note 5 has a 5.7 inch screen yet is not as long or wide.

The iPhone plus does seem big and I wish Apple would get something like a 5.1". As much as I like Android the slow updates bother and that is because of the model and battery life. I will end up with an iPhone at some point.

I like the 5.5 but not the large footprint. It seems to me (just a regular dummie) that a 5.5 screen could be put in a smaller body. LG and Samsung can do it.

I download google plus everything is stored
I have Amazon prime so use Amazon cloud (my fav) everything is stored!
I have ever pic lol everything is stored get the picture lmao!
I don't keep more than 6-700 pics in my camera anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried out the Note 5 and after 4 days, I was frustrated using it and returned it for the 6 plus. The battery sucked on the Note 5. The 6 plus is a bit wider and taller than the Note 5, despite the .2" smaller screen. The camera was the only good thing about the Note that I'll miss.

I personally like the larger bezels on iPhones. It makes it easier to hold while gaming without touching some capacitive back or recents button like on the Note 5.