What's new

What's so great about an iPhone?

However I almost grabbed note 4 to try because I did have note 2.
I just got the LG G4, but it was because I received it for free. Someone asked me about my iPhone 6+ and whether I'd sell it. I said emphatically, NO!

I know this thread is dated and old, but thought I'd chime in with my experience.

I used android for 3 years and told myself I'd never give iOS a chance. I finally was ready to give up the wasting of my time customizing my android phones and forced myself to switch last year and got the 5s. Just one week ago, I gave the Note 5 a chance and after 4 days, I was ready to return it. I did so and got the the 6 plus.

The Note 5 battery was horrible. Talking to text was no where near as good as iOS. I also missed the notifications on iOS. So much better.

After my experience, I've come to the conclusion that in very basic terms android phones are like toys and iPhones are tools to get things done. I mean what is the main feature and purpose we use our smartphones for? The apps.

iOS just excels at the quality and smoothness of the apps.

Camera quality is another thing that iOS seems to just get it right. I would say that the Note 5 has a slight edge over the iPhone 6 plus in this. But I believe that Apple will jump back into the lead when the iPhone 6s plus comes out.

I love mine for all the above reasons but still there are some features that I really miss from my Android phone. Personally I like most of the Android Apps better. There are tons more free Apps.

iOS is simple and elegant, easy to learn without manuals. It's very intuitive. The iOS is not fragmented like android is.

With android, every different model will have a total different OS look and feel and operate slightly different.

One simple word . Stability. It stays stable doesn't glitch up no crashes just stable each band every Iphone iPad etc that's why I get it. I enjoy the customization of android but it's not close to smooth and stable as iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhone 6+'is my first iPhone got because the big screen no sd card face time Siri and some games I play played better I think on iPhone But I miss Galaxy fonts customization loud ring loud volume and notification lights

I like the fact that Apple make the hardware and they make the software. This makes for a very stable OS.
I love the support you get from Apple and the fact that everyone gets updates at the same time unlike Android.
I also love that when you buy the latest iPhone you have the latest iPhone for 12 months unlike an Android phone where new ones are trotted out all the time.

I recently got a Samsung S5 for free. Within a week or so I returned it (ATT has a 14 day return policy) and got an iPhone 5S. Why?? I'm glad you asked...

First off, the thing was simply squirrelly. If I downloaded an app it would show up (the icon) on, say, the home screen. The next time i looked for it it might be on the app screen. Sometimes it was on both.

And trying to re-arrange the layout/position of the icons was an exercise in futility. You can gain free entrance to the funny farm trying to re-arrange icons on an android device. and make them stay where you put them.

And since we're talking about apps, not only are there far fewer apps available for android, the free ones are positively LOADED with advertising. And I found that neither the free ones nor ones you pay for work very well.

I play just a few games on my iPhone. I don't do those like Clash of Clans or any of the fancy, animated ones. I like the simpler ones like Solitaire, Dominos, Craps, Gin Rummy, etc. Just something to pass the time with. Trying to find replacement apps on android for games like those proved to be fruitless. Evidently the smarter app developers know better than to attempt to design an app to be used on android. Why else would there be such a dearth of acceptable game apps?

I'm glad I tried the Samsung, though. It proved to me, once and for all, that I'm far better served by sticking with the iPhone.

Have a great day, Y'all..... :)

I recently got a Samsung S5 for free. Within a week or so I returned it (ATT has a 14 day return policy) and got an iPhone 5S. Why?? I'm glad you asked...

First off, the thing was simply squirrelly. If I downloaded an app it would show up (the icon) on, say, the home screen. The next time i looked for it it might be on the app screen. Sometimes it was on both.

And trying to re-arrange the layout/position of the icons was an exercise in futility. You can gain free entrance to the funny farm trying to re-arrange icons on an android device. and make them stay where you put them.

And since we're talking about apps, not only are there far fewer apps available for android, the free ones are positively LOADED with advertising. And I found that neither the free ones nor ones you pay for work very well.

I play just a few games on my iPhone. I don't do those like Clash of Clans or any of the fancy, animated ones. I like the simpler ones like Solitaire, Dominos, Craps, Gin Rummy, etc. Just something to pass the time with. Trying to find replacement apps on android for games like those proved to be fruitless. Evidently the smarter app developers know better than to attempt to design an app to be used on android. Why else would there be such a dearth of acceptable game apps?

I'm glad I tried the Samsung, though. It proved to me, once and for all, that I'm far better served by sticking with the iPhone.

Have a great day, Y'all..... :)
Agree with you, I did the same and very quickly realised what a mistake it was going to Android.
It proved to me to that iPhone really is the best.....No contest.

I recently switched from Android to my first iPhone: the 6Plus... So far I'm very happy with my decision having been a long time Android user but also having had iPads and a MacBook Air. I like apple products for many reasons already stated by others in this thread but mainly it's the build quality, the fact that it's all made by Apple (software/hardware) to work seamlessly and the fact that now it comes in large sizes was what got me to switch. So far I can't really think of a single complaint about this phone. Very satisfied!

I am stuck waiting! ugh! I should've ordered early lol
At least I have a new iPhone that'll be here in time for holidays lol

I am stuck waiting! ugh! I should've ordered early lol
At least I have a new iPhone that'll be here in time for holidays lol

The current waiting time for a new iPhone 6s Plus ordered from the Apple online store in Canada is 2-3 weeks.

I decided to upgrade to a 64gb version of the iphone 6 plus since its now $100 off from the original price

I've been an iPhone user for almost 4 years. It just suits me. Not much to add to what's been said. I do love my 64gb 6s Plus. Great battery life!
b233d1fe27703cdf01f957e321d16c43.jpg