What's new

Considering an iPhone 6+

johnmcc07

Reaction score
I have been a long time Android owner and currently have a Samsung Galaxy S6. I like the phone but the battery life could be better. I am considering an iPhone 6 Plus. I know Android has more flexibility but some of my concerns are the apps, most I think I can get for Apple, Excel and Word as well as One Note and a file manager are pretty important. I do keep files on my phone and use dropbox and also user Google Drive. What is the charge for iCloud? I see Touchdown is available for iPhone and I am guessing Inbox is too.

Thanks

iCloud is free for all users, if you need more space then there is a charge. I use iCloud, google photos and dropbox and don't need any extra space.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, johnmcc07! The iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone. It gets great battery life for as long as I've owned mine.
In less than 2 months, the new iPhones will be released. You may want to consider waiting until September in order to get the new iPhone 6S Plus.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they are releasing new phones in 2 months. That does make more sense.

Thank you

It's the premium spread, and it's a labyrinth, iCloud is. You are given 5 gigs free, thank you very much, and I could not stay under that limit, and had no idea how to even find where all the storage was. There's backups and also shared pictures, but I have no idea how I might go to a bin marked 'iCloud ' and pare it down, and I suspect I'm not all alone. WHEREAS had I a Nexus or Galaxy, all the product of my 20 megapixel camera would be stored for me with no charge and no limit. (My Fire HDX has no workable camera but Amazon will store anything for free with no limit, even if I transfer with my Six Plus.)

We are married to our phones; I was brought into a family plan by my beloved son and we have a contract - but were I just walking in the door with no attachments I'd consider a powerful midrange Android device with FreedomPop and all my glory would be on Google Photo and I'd buy the next round for all of you with the change.

They say Scientology is another expensive cult. Any Scientologists here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Apple and Android have their pluses and minuses. Backups on Android are done with more than one app. Thats what makes them fun.

just wait for the upcoming devices..I'm pretty sure it's worth the wait..new specs

Yeah they should release specs next month. I plan to move my personal line to work and so I can do that in October when the contract is up. I am looking forward to seeing the new phones.

I doubt that the backup system is changing. You can decide what to have backed up on iCloud and what you want backed up on iTunes. iCloud can be seen and accessed on your computer. There are apps like Dropbox that you can use to store photos, etc.

I finely went from Android to iPhone 6+. There are things I like about the iPhone and things I really miss about the Android. If you like a lot of freedom and flexibility stick with the Android. Build quality and battery life the iPhone is tops.
If you are using an iPad and a MacBook it makes sense to switch. That is why I did. Otherwise I would stay with an Android phone.

I finely went from Android to iPhone 6+. There are things I like about the iPhone and things I really miss about the Android. If you like a lot of freedom and flexibility stick with the Android. Build quality and battery life the iPhone is tops.
If you are using an iPad and a MacBook it makes sense to switch. That is why I did. Otherwise I would stay with an Android phone.
You will soon forget what it is you like about Android, I know I did.

I too use a MacBook and an iPad and would never go back to Android.

I only really miss one thing and that is not being able to download any app that I want. I don't understand why Apple blocks some apps. I paid for the phone so don't give me the security excuse. Other than that I love it.

I only really miss one thing and that is not being able to download any app that I want. I don't understand why Apple blocks some apps. I paid for the phone so don't give me the security excuse. Other than that I love it.
I like the fact that Apple block certain apps, I find it reassuring.

I use a custom launcher and wallpapers but after that its apps phone and texting. I have a Samsung S6 and the battery life isn't great.. Its a great phone though other than that. I have looked at the screen and know it's locked down but the battery life on it and how often updates are pushed out. I think both have advantages and disadvantages.