What's new

Considering an iPhone

woodbane

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long time and fairly advanced technically cell phone user here. (I've spent my fair share of time over at xda devs..LOL).

I'm currently using a Windows Phone - a Samsung Focus running Mango on a custom ROM. I do like the Windows Phone experience a lot but have general concerns about long term viability of the platform.

I also own an iPad 1 (64GB, 3G). That was my first Apple purchase and I snapped it up when the iPad 2 was released and ATT were selling them off ridiculously cheap. It's also an excellent device. I of course, jailbroke it immediatly and have been thus far very, very happy with it. I upgraded to 5.xx but then rolled back to 4.3.5 as I felt the iPad was struggling with 5.

Anyhow, I'm considering jumping to an iPhone 4 from my Win Phone and was wondering if there were any other users that had been there (Somehow I doubt it, LOL) or what general advice people could dish out and/or what I might find the experience to be like. One fairly big concern I have is the screen size. I do love my 4" AMOLED and am worried that a 3.5" will feel very small. I've also read that the Retina display really helps with this and I've played around with a mate's iPhone 4 and it was a good display. I'm just a little concerned about smaller real estate.

It would be an iPhone 4 and not the 4S - I've got my eye on one for under $300 which seems a good price. I'd also be using this on the Straight Talk network as that's where I'm currently at. Not a big deal if I can't get MMS to work either, I'm all down for $45 unlimited (which I know isn't truly unlimited but I barely break 1GB a month).

Well, just thought I'd stick my neck in and say hi! :D Any and all comments gratefully received.