What's new

New iPhone 5 Owner

GWDPhotography

Reaction score
Hi All!
Well long story short this is going to be my first iPhone since I had my 3G and 4 on AT&T. Thanks to AT&T constantly screwing up my my bank account and my bill I took the leap over to Verizon a few years ago now. I left the iPhones because Verizon didn't have their version yet so I went with Android powered devices. Well over the past year I have gone through nothing short of hell. I went and bought at full retail price a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 back in February and I absolutely loved it till 2 weeks ago when Verizon released the new Android 4.1.2 update for it. After that I had nothing short of headaches with the phone. I went through 4 phones in just over a week(my original and 3 replacements). The replacement phones that Verizon sent out weren't in working condition from the time I received them. Every single time I would call Verizon I was being sexually harassed because they claimed that I have a higher-pitched voice(farthest thing from the truth) and would constantly still refer to me as a woman after being politely corrected the 1st time they would do it. After that I would go ballistic. Well after a lot of fighting and absolutely no faith in Verizon's "Like-New" pieces of crap, I gave the manager of the call center I was speaking with in Tampa Florida an ultimatum he could either send me out a brand new Galaxy Note 2 still in the box free of charge or he could replace my phone with the 32GB version of the iPhone 5. Well after threatening to take my 5-line family plan and having my extended family(another 45 lines of service approximately) and going to another carrier he relented and is shipping me out the iPhone 5. I should have taken a cue from my siblings. When I got the Note 2 I should have followed their advice and got the iPhone 5 from the start(Out of the 6 of us 5 of us now have the iPhone 5, and my baby sister has the Galaxy S3 and has had no end of issues with it). I'm not putting down Android devices because I absolutely loved my Note 2, but Verizon Tech Support has cured me of that for now. Maybe when I'm eligible for my upgrade in February I'll take a look at the Note 3 because it should be out by then. But in the mean time I will be hopefully greatly enjoying my iPhone 5. I can't wait till Tuesday to get it(thank you Memorial Day! LOL)! I hope to learn a lot from my time here and hopefully impart some of my knowledge to y'all.
Gunner out!

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!!! :):):)