What's new

I Phone 3Gs vibrating

ranger101

Reaction score
I have a 3Gs phone that seems to vibrate for no reason, no incomeing calls or nothing. The screen has the bell with the line through it and it viberates for a minute and then quiets and then starts viberates another minute and quiets again. Does anyone know what would make it do that. Thanks for any help. It has the latest IOS installed 6.1.1 and is not jailbroken.

Make sure that your notifications have all sounds turned off. Even though there's no pop-up or a little banner coming down for notifications, sounds can still play. Go to Settings.app -> Notifications and make sure that each and every app/tweak has the sound off.

OK, I tried that and it did,nt seem to solve the problem. Maybe if I reset the phone it would take care of it though I,d rather not go that route.

Oh Oh, I had my wife call my phone to see if the ringer still worked and it did not, the notification came up on the screen but no ringer. I also noticed when I pluged it in to charge the little bleeping sound did not bleep it viberated. Oh my, Now what.