What's new

i-Message and Possible Duplication

swansnut1933

Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks for welcoming me to your community. I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere beforehand.

I have a friend who is somewhat technophobic, and therefore his wife had created all his Apple-ID, set up his phone and regularly backs up his phone and pics. The other day. his wife rang him asked him about a number of messages that he had received on his phone (even though he had his phone with him at all times) that could have been misinterpreted as him having an affair. He asked her what she was talking about, and she replied that she could hack into his phone on her computer, and see all the messages he had received, all calls made and received and that she could go back as far as she wanted.

These messages to his phone were all sent using i-Message and both phones are i-Phone 4 with OS-6.

I am reasonably up with technology, however the only thing I can think of is that they are sharing the one Apple-ID and she has enabled all his messages to duplicate to her phone as well as his. Not sure if she'll be able to see his call logs though.

The other thing I am unsure of is whether there is some type of app that she may have installed on his phone that tracks or duplicates all data, calls, messages etc that have been made from his phone, and then she can log onto some central site to view. To my knowledge, i-Cloud doesn't back up messages like this.

Does anyone know what might be happening here?

For the record....he's not having an affair!!!

Many thanks for your help!
:)