What's new

Text Message

TillysWilly

Reaction score
Ok this might be a little confusing so I'm sry to start with lol.

My wifes Iphone 4 will not send me a text message if she creates it out of her contacts, but if I send her a text it shows up as me but as a "new" message, not in the same one she sent me the message from, but she can reply to the one I sent her and I get it. She can call me from that contact just fine. So I had her delete me from her contacts and I sent one and it came up as my email for some reason. So she saved that as a new contacted then saved my phone number in it as well and it does the same exact thing, she can't text me but she can call. It says the message was sent but I never get it. Mine is the 4s jailbroken but I have no problems sending and receiving text with anyone else but hers.

Is she also having iPhone 4S? is it sms of iMessages you are exchanging?

Message settings and change the default it uses to send messages.
It can be your phone number or email.
Sounds like your phone is set to send from email, that's why it shows as a new message and not in the current conversation that was created using your phone number!!

she is on the 4 not the 4s and it just started happening yesterday morning so nothing got changed at all. So it has to be her phone bc I text about 10 different people all day for work and friends and no one else has had a problem just her.

Figured out if I turn off the Imessage in my settings it works fine. So must be a problem with the jailbreak

Figured out if I turn off the Imessage in my settings it works fine. So must be a problem with the jailbreak

The thing with Imessage is that it does not work if one of you has a newer or older version of imessage so if you are on firmware 5.0.1 and she is on firmware 4.XX that does not even have imessage then it wont work.. even if she had 5.0 firmware because imessage is not the same version it just does not work so it could be worth both using the same firmware so imessage will work and save lots of money on texts unless you have some kind of unlimited text plan

we are up to date on the firware and I found out yesterday that it was doing it with 2 other peoples Iphones that I was texting so I cut of Imessage and it fixed it so its some bug with the jailbreak

we are up to date on the firware and I found out yesterday that it was doing it with 2 other peoples Iphones that I was texting so I cut of Imessage and it fixed it so its some bug with the jailbreak

Ok then, it could be I dont have a A5 device but if it is a jb bug then I am sure the devs will come up with a fix

TillysWilly said:
Ok this might be a little confusing so I'm sry to start with lol.

My wifes Iphone 4 will not send me a text message if she creates it out of her contacts, but if I send her a text it shows up as me but as a "new" message, not in the same one she sent me the message from, but she can reply to the one I sent her and I get it. She can call me from that contact just fine. So I had her delete me from her contacts and I sent one and it came up as my email for some reason. So she saved that as a new contacted then saved my phone number in it as well and it does the same exact thing, she can't text me but she can call. It says the message was sent but I never get it. Mine is the 4s jailbroken but I have no problems sending and receiving text with anyone else but hers.

I too am having trouble messaging. It is registering there is a message but u can't read it. Any ideas?