What's new

I have a question about health

Cooltwou

Reaction score
I went into the Health on my Dads IPhone 4S and I turned on walking +distance and flights climbed and steps but there is a problem it never counted anything he did the whole day and he works every day what could the problem be

Open the Settings apps and go to Privacy > Motion & Fitness. Once there, check to ensure that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled. The user may have toggled those settings off without realizing that it would affect the Health app.

I went under privacy and on the 4S there is no Motion & Fitness at all I looked into everything in privacy and outside of privacy and nothing about that at all

I went under privacy and on the 4S there is no Motion & Fitness at all I looked into everything in privacy and outside of privacy and nothing about that at all
I have the iPhone 6 and perhaps there is a difference in the settings between our two iPhones. Please accept my apologies, I may have given you information that wasn't relevant to the iPhone 4S.

Is his iPhone up to date? The latest software for the 4s is iOS 8.3.

ardchoille is right. There has to be a difference in settings between his and your father's device. The iPhone 4s doesn't have the motion co-processor, thus can't track motions. That's why you can't find Motion & Fitness in Settings.

ardchoille is right. There has to be a difference in settings between his and your father's device. The iPhone 4s doesn't have the motion co-processor, thus can't track motions. That's why you can't find Motion & Fitness in Settings.

Well, according to Apple's own website, the Health app is available on the iPhone 4S, so I would think that the settings would be there somewhere.

Well I don't know we're and I don't use the 4S unless he has a problem or something and in the Health App it shows the same things the Health App on my 6 does so it should do the same thing

Well, according to Apple's own website, the Health app is available on the iPhone 4S, so I would think that the settings would be there somewhere.
The app is available, that's right. The processor I've mentioned came with the iPhone 5s:
Apple M7 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Which means the Health app on the iPhone 4s is not capable of all the features that an iPhone 6 or 6+ can use.

The app is available, that's right. The processor I've mentioned came with the iPhone 5s:
Apple M7 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Which means the Healt app on the iPhone 4s is not capable of all the features that a iPhone 6 or 6+ can use.
Ah, ok, this would explain the absence of certain settings. Thank you, Johanna.

Cooltwou, have you tried opening the Settings app and scrolling to the bottom section in the main settings list? The Health app could possibly be listed there since it lacks Motion &Fitness settings.

It's not on my iPhone 5 either. The health app does have settings within the app. Never used it except to have my health info there.