What's new

I have a problem and I have no clue how this happened

Cooltwou

Reaction score
I updated my dad IPhone 4S and the only thing I did was set it up to download and install the update and set up were you enter a 4 digit numbered password and now here is the problem his contracts are no longer on his phone and some how contacts from my Facebook are on there and I never singed into Facebook on his phone or download a Facebook app either so how did this happen and how do I fix it

No and I didn't even use an Apple ID because I didn't even know if he had one set up or not

Are you and your father on the family sharing plan whereby family members can share apps, and iTunes content with all family members?

I think me and my moms phones are but his not connected to our phones at all and his phone is a work phone

Somehow his iPhone has become associated with your account. That's the only way your contacts could have ended on his iPhone. Has your father ever backed up his phone to iCloud or iTunes? If so, you could erase his iPhone and restore it from a recent backup. That should get rid of your contacts and put his back on. Before doing this, make sure to turn off find my iPhone, if he has it activated. You would need his iCloud ID and password to do so.

Ok but the problem is the way he is saying he didn't set up an Apple ID or password

No I didn't I only used the phone nothing else

Anybody know how this could happen when I only did 3 things 1. Plug the phone into the charge cable into the wall adapter 2. Download and install 8.3 software on the phone 3. Enter a 4 digit number sequence in the phone when it restart. But keep in mind I never entered any Apple ID or password or install any apps at all

Verizon Cloud? Or Google contacts sync? I had a similar problem between my wife's iPhone and mine. We had shared iCloud accounts and didn't realize it. It usually asked to sign into iCloud when you do a upgrade. You can go to iCloud on a computer and manage your contacts. You may have to set up one for your dad and only enable contact syncing. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok but how does that get the lost contacts back and I figured out how Facebook got on there and took care of that but this is the first time I have ever heard a person losing contacts doing a system update