What's new

iphone 4s problem

mortus

Reaction score
my girlfreinds iphone decided to start playing up today,

she had a notification on the app store to tell her she had an update (facebook) so she updated it. but halfway through the update the phone just went back to the home screen. she then clicked back on the app store icon and now it won't load at all. also now the phone has lost the password for the home wifi and when i re-inserted the password it will not connect to the wifi.
on both instances the phone just does the spinning loading thing and will not load anything.

i have plugged the phone into the laptop (updated itunes to latest version) and done a restore to factory settings then restored it from a backup, but that did not work. so i did a full factory reset and set it up as a new iphone but the same thing happened it will not connect to our wifi nor will it load app store also now the phone will not connect to the internet via the 3G signal also it will not send any text messages.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next?????

any ideas???

specs:

iphone 4s
carrier: 02-uk

thanks for reading,

mortus

Check to see that your device is activated, as that might be the problem for 3G not coming through. Reset the network settings in Settings.app and reboot your device, and see if that fixes the Wifi issue.

thanks for the reply, i have had some success with regards the internet issue. it was due to her going over her data allowance and somehow it managed to goose everything up on the phone. she has since spoken o2-uk and complained at the fact it knackered her phone up and with her complaining and saying all the troubles she has had to her over the last couple of days they have improved her contract :)

thanks again for the reply

ISSUE SOLVED