What's new

Issue with new 4S :(

jd_netz

Reaction score
I have had a little problem with my nice new shiny iphone 4s i upgraded from the 3gs.

I have looked on the forum and have noticed that someone else has had the same issues i have had but he got ripped to shreds saying he was looking for attention, i can honestly say that is not what i want i just want to know if anyone else has had the same issues.

When making the majority of calls it works no problem however every now and again about 3 - 5 times a day the phone will call the person i have asked it to but i will not hear a ring just my own voice coming back through the speaker. If i put the call onto loudspeaker it rings and if i turn it off the sound transfers back to the earpiece like it normal !!!

Also if i try to call with the handsfree kit plugged in it sometimes flips to loudspeaker and no sound comes through the handsfree kit, the only way i have found to fix this issue is to turn the phone off and back on again and it will work for a few more hours but as you can imagine its starting to get frustrating having to turn the phone on and off 5 times a day. Im hoping its just my phone and that if i get it replaced it will cure the problem as other than these issues i love the new additions being able to send emails and text messages safely while driving is great.

If you have had the same issues please let me know !!!!

Thank you! I was searching for this topic and sorry you are having the problem but thankful you posted. The exact same thing is happening to me. I did the hard reset and it didnt fix the problem. Doesn't happen with my husbands phone or others I know with 4s. I now also have a problem with making calls and I can hear them ONLY through the speaker but they can't hear me at all. I try to I highlight speaker and nothing happens. Any other fix after hard reset doest work? Many thanks!

I had the problem sorted by o2 in the UK i sopke to an advisor and explained that i had done a hard reset and full re install they said bring it back and we will swap it. the new phone is perfect and everything is as advertised it a quality phone. Dont let any initial teething problems put you off. stick to your guns if you think you have a problem and get it sorted it really is worth it. :)

I have the same problem. I have tried a hard reset and that didnt fix it. One way i have found around it is (as soon as I realize this sound issue is hapening) I click on the sound icon and touch the speaker icon a few times and do the same thing witht he mute icon. This is quick and seems to open up my sound so i can hear who i am calling. it only seems to happen when I call someone - not when they call me. Also - I have a blue tooth connection in my car to my stero and it usually seems to happen when i am in my car and it seems to happen more in the car - even if i have blue tooth turned off...

Same thing is happening to me. Called Verizon Tech Support and was informed that this is a known issue and Apple is working on a fix. Hopefully it won't take long.

I just installed 5.1 beta 3. I'll see how it goes for a few days and report back.

Hello, I had the exact same thing in the same scenario. I do have AppleCare and called in and the tech tried two different re sets and wiped my phone and I still experienced the problem. They said it was a defect with the phone. I went to the apple store and they switched our my phone and all has been well since then. You will need to get a new phone it will just get worse. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Yeah I had the same problem. called apple, after Verizon tried several times to fix problem, and they sent me a new phone the next day. No problems now.