What's new

I give up on screen protectors

Every little bit counts.

That money might be needed to pay for Petrol to drive to an Apple Store to get the screen replaced [emoji375][emoji375][emoji375]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I've always used tempered screen protector, I've probably saved about £200, because I work on a building site and the screen protector breaks every couple of weeks, because I drop the phone or bang it against something, it's a good way to save money in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only screen protector I ever used was the built in screen on my Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 5. I don't use one on my 6s Plus. It's been over a year and the screen looks flawless. No scratches or anything.

I just bought my first iphone 7 128gb black, shifted from Blackberry which I used for 10 yrs or so. I have never used phone without screen guard. Even for this 7, first thing i did to get screen protector.

I just bought my first iphone 7 128gb black, shifted from Blackberry which I used for 10 yrs or so. I have never used phone without screen guard. Even for this 7, first thing i did to get screen protector.
It's ok. You're a previous blackberry user and likely don't know any better.

It will come with time. Either way, congrats on the purchase.

When people first started using screen protectors on their phones the glass cover over the screen was made of a glass that was a lot softer and more prone to scratching than the glass used today. As the glass has become tougher there was less need for screen protectors from a practical standpoint but their use has become habitual, with screen protectors even being used on the sapphire screens of devices like the Apple Watch.

Nowadays most people could probably do without a screen protector and show no evidence of scratching.

Well it seems from what l read on here that most members might agree with that statement.
They are not going to take the chance with their new iPhones doesn't matter which model it is.
For a minor outlay they feel some form of protection.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

They are not going to take the chance with their new iPhones doesn't matter which model it is.
For a minor outlay they feel some form of protection.

I just blew the installation of a glass protector for my new SE and was just wondering if it's worth the bother when I saw this thread. Application went well on my Fire and the 6 Plus but I muffed it on the small screen. Maybe I'll leave it bare for a time at least.

I just blew the installation of a glass protector for my new SE and was just wondering if it's worth the bother when I saw this thread. Application went well on my Fire and the 6 Plus but I muffed it on the small screen. Maybe I'll leave it bare for a time at least.

I wish you good luck hope nothing happens

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

That money might be needed to pay for Petrol to drive to an Apple Store to get the screen replaced [emoji375][emoji375][emoji375]

Or you buy a plastic cover for your couch like your grandmother had and reminisce about the old days with grandma.....

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I'm also a big believer in protecting my iphone with a tempered glass screen protector always. After all, why take chances when you don't have to! We spend too much to get them not to protect them!