What's new

I give up on screen protectors

I'm also a big believer in protecting my iphone with a tempered glass screen protector always. After all, why take chances when you don't have to! We spend too much to get them not to protect them!

Makes sense. Just had one installed. Feel safer already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. true. just a safety mindset, I have been using screen protector although I know, screen is very tough and robust.

But the good thing about tempered screen protector is that they save the phone screen if you drop it, I always drop my iPhone and the screen protector shatters instead of the screen on the phone itself,

Screen protector won't save you from a shattered glass. If it's meant to break, it's gonna break no matter what you have on there.

As for scratch protection. That's debatable. I've personally never had a screen protector and dropped the phone and allowed it to jiggle around my pocket with my loose keys and change and it hasn't scratched. 4 years now since I got my iPhone 5, 5S, 6 Plus and now my iPhone 7 Plus.

I could just be really lucky.

OR, the more realistic answer - it could just be how it's supposed to be. Back when phone screens were mainly plastic there was a huge reason for screen protection, but now that we've moved to glass. It's optional.

Think about it as superstition. Some people carry around a lucky rabbit's foot when they buy the lotto. And some people protect their screens from scratches by applying screen protectors. But in reality they're both not going to affect the outcome. It's just wishful thinking. Otherwise pointless.

Think about it as superstition. Some people carry around a lucky rabbit's foot when they buy the lotto. And some people protect their screens from scratches by applying screen protectors. But in reality they're both not going to affect the outcome. It's just wishful thinking. Otherwise pointless.

Think of it as logical. Any protection on your screen will deflect some measure of abuse. This is physics. Nobody is suggesting smoke for these mirrors. A glass cover will protect a screen, and that seems perfectly obvious, even if it isn't bulletproof. There are of course test which demonstrate that conclusion, and they can't all be faked.

Saran Wrap will defend against a certain level of pressure from sharp objects. Glass is better. Reasonable.

Hey junior don't matter what you say, or how pretty you make it sound, you will never convince me man no way.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

I use some of cheaper Tempered Glass screen protector... It's not bad, pretty thin with round edges but fingerprints are visible.
Anyway Tempered Glass should be installed if someone want to really protect screen from small scratches and put iPhone on table and touch surface with screen/tempered glass.
I thought to install and on back side of my iPhone SE, but I didn't success to install so perfect as on front side and I removed. Now I keep him and prevent from any scratches or damage.:)

I am believer of using screen protector right from first day since last 10 yrs whichever phone I have used. It gives a mental satisfaction. That's all.

Come on, bit short on details there. What happened?
As l'm in a good mood l will share something with you.

In January l had 4 new tyres fitted to my little baby [emoji594],
Got a puncture in 1, after just a week. New tyre fitted, month later got another puncture. So l decided, l'm fed up with this. Went to the same shop they were all smiling.
Thinking ah more money from Kenny boy.
They took the Wheel off, preparing to replace the tyre, l said no. Just put it on without the tyre and remove all the other tyres.
They did it, and guess what, the ride is a bit bumpy, but l have never had a puncture since.
Amazing that.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

ROTF. I use tempered glass privacy screen protectors, my mom taught me to always use protection. [emoji12]

Sent via my Sexy Matte Black..256g..i7 Plus using Tapatalk [emoji57]

I would bought only Tempered Glass from now. They better protect screen if cell phone accidentaly drop.
You can see on youtube a lot of tests where people smash with hammer, nail even shoot with gun on tempered glass, protector 9H and screen is not damaged.
But I don't recommend you to exposure iPhone with such extreme measures because Tempered Glass is cheap and if fail your screen is broken even board and phone is dead. But definitely Tempered Glass saved a lot of cell phones when they drop directly on concrete on screen.
Sometimes is only tempered glass broken and you need another, sometimes nothing.
If glass is only little damage somewhere should be changed.

The film protectors suck. I go with a cheap tempered glass protector. You don't even know it's there. And it's fingerprint and smudge resistant. When I say cheap, I got mine from the Dollar Store. I also have my phone in an Otterbox Commuter case.

Last edited:
I have only ever used the film protectors because I have never been disappointed with them so I don't know if the glass ones are better.
I can recommend Tech Armor in general though, I use them on my iPad too.

The film protectors suck. I go with a cheap tempered glass protector. You don't even know it's there. And it's fingerprint and smudge resistant. When I say cheap, I got mine from the Dollar Store. I also have my phone in an Otterbox Commuter case.
I never considered the Dollar store...I guess they got everything now