What's new

Screen Protectors

Here's a great deal. You might be interested on these:
Skinomi TechSkin iPhone 6 / iPhone 6S AND iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6S Plus Screen Protector $.95 w/Lifetime Warranty

Skinomi TechSkin iPhone 6 / iPhone 6S Screen Protector

Sale: $6 +.95 Shipping
Save $6 with coupon code RU6NNEGJ at CheckOut
http://www.amazon.com/B011PSYJPC/dp...1&sr=8-28&keywords=iPhone+6s+Screen+Protector

Skinomi TechSkin iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6S Plus Screen Protector

Sale: $6 +.95 Shipping
Save $6 with coupon code M9SQ4NJI at CheckOut
http://www.amazon.com/B011PT2JK8/dp...8-11&keywords=iPhone+6s+Plus+Screen+Protector

I have been using the Zagg Intellishield Glas on my iPad and iPhone (5s) since forever. Personally, I think they are the best option (I have tried many) so long as you dont need something like a LifeProof Nuud case. They are not compatible with it. Took the case back.

I have pre-ordered my 6S Plus, and am doing the hunt for a minimal case (maybe the Apple leather one) and the Zagg Glas shield. It is already ordered, actually. Besides, with Zagg, if their shield does not work as you want it to, you can contact them and exchange or return it. No harm, no foul. I have utilized their lifetime warranty a couple times, and it has been very good and very easy.

I was under the impression that these phone had Gorilla Glass screens. I have had phones in the past with these screens and even after using them with no screen protector the screens were in pristine condition. If that is the case, do these phones really need screen protectors?

I was under the impression that these phone had Gorilla Glass screens. I have had phones in the past with these screens and even after using them with no screen protector the screens were in pristine condition. If that is the case, do these phones really need screen protectors?
Thats the million dollar question, Do they need them or don't they.
I just won't take the chance, better safe than sorry is my thoughts.

I know that Gorilla Glass screens don't scratch. The question if do these phone have Gorilla Glass screens.

That stuff is pretty good at resisting scratches. That being said, I would like a good tempered glass screen protector.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I bought the latest SecondSkin and while I didn't try it before I installed it, the 3d touch seems to work just fine.

I don't know about the 6s and 6s plus, but the other iPhones have Gorilla glass screens.
According to Apple, the 6S's do not use Gorilla glass. They use a special glass. "It’s made using a special dual ion and exchange process, which makes it stronger at molecular level.", whatever that means.

I didn't run a screen protector on my Samsung S5 and the screen is still pristine on it. I sure don't expect to have to use one on my 6S that is suppose to have even stronger glass.

According to Apple, the 6S's do not use Gorilla glass. They use a special glass. "It’s made using a special dual ion and exchange process, which makes it stronger at molecular level.", whatever that means.

I didn't run a screen protector on my Samsung S5 and the screen is still pristine on it. I sure don't expect to have to use one on my 6S that is suppose to have even stronger glass.
The glass is made by Corning, though, and is made using a similar process to that used for making Gorilla Glass.

Last edited:
I use a GadgetGuard Black Ice. It's ballistic glass that takes a pretty good beating. My wife broke her screen on vacation, and we just pulled it off, Gadget Guard sent another for $9.99 and we replaced it. It is smooth and looks like the iPhone screen, not a rubberized type.

The glass is made by Corning, though and is made using a similar process to that used for making Gorilla Glass.
And Apple has never called any of its screens Gorilla Glass. The implication is there as well as the corporate panic a few years back when Apple toyed with Saphire and the word was that would be the future screen material. Stock tanked at Corning but they also were talking about improvements in the works that sound very much like the current iPhone screen. And we know the Saphire dreams fell apart, at least for now.

If you're the type to buy the cheap Chinese ones off of Amazon then I can't help you but if you're in the market for a premium screen protector I highly recommend the SecondSkin. Bought another for my nephew for Xmas for his S6 (I know, sigh) and it was very well received.