What's new

Word from Apple on screen protectors and 3D

allan473

Reaction score
Excuse me if this has been posted before:

Apple's design guidelines for iPhone cases say any screen overlay must be electrically conductive, must not exceed 0.3mm in thickness, and must not introduce air gaps between the touchscreen.

There are several Apple-approved screen protectors that are available for purchase from the online Apple Store and through Apple's retail locations, including products from companies like Tech21, Belkin, and 3M. Because the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s plus are similar in size to the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, it's likely these screen protectors will fit Apple's newest devices, but customers concerned about fit should wait for confirmation from the manufacturers.

I cancelled my order on "ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass for Apple iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus" as that is .4 thick.

I just received my Tech Armor screen protectors from Amazon, It doesn't say what thickness they are though, They are Japanese Pet film.
Fingers crossed they are going to be ok.

Prior to reading this I've been using the tech armor and honestly it's my fav
It works w the force touch but I don't overuse it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to reading this I've been using the tech armor and honestly it's my fav
It works w the force touch but I don't overuse it anyway

I have used Tech Armor on several phones and in my opinion they take some beating. I have one now on my iPhone 6S Plus and right now I'm waiting for a pack for my iPad Air 2, Sick of the finger marks on the screen, Its an absolute magnet.

On the screen yes not the whole phone.
My phone landed face down only the screen protector took a small crack not the real screen. So it paid for itself already lol

0.3mm I think is too thick. Affect the home button touch feeling. The best glass protector thickness is 0.1mm :)