What's new

I give up on screen protectors

I would bought only Tempered Glass from now. They better protect screen if cell phone accidentaly drop.
You can see on youtube a lot of tests where people smash with hammer, nail even shoot with gun on tempered glass, protector 9H and screen is not damaged.
But I don't recommend you to exposure iPhone with such extreme measures because Tempered Glass is cheap and if fail your screen is broken even board and phone is dead. But definitely Tempered Glass saved a lot of cell phones when they drop directly on concrete on screen.
Sometimes is only tempered glass broken and you need another, sometimes nothing.
If glass is only little damage somewhere should be changed.

I'll take their word when they say it protects against hammers......I am not going to try it with mine........:)

My Tempered Glass is not proof on fingertips, I need to clean sometimes with microfiber cloth.
But it's thin and round edges and it's same as original screen when you touch.

Tempered Glass is for me necessary, I hold fabric foil first days and didn't hear people good but I didn't want to remove before Tempered Glass arrived. For me is necessary and good protection because than screen could touch any surface and you could protect back side from scratches on surface. There are many many cases I liked, armored,. slim, different colors, different colors + transparent but people have right... iPhone full experience is when no cases on rhwm.

I've applied a few glass screens on my friends phones. They go on very easily. And the Dollar Store versions seem to be as good as the much pricier versions. But you can also find them cheap at T.J. Max, Walmart, etc too.

There's no reason to pay $15.00-$35.00+ for one screen when you can get a couple of them for a fraction of that price.

I've just never seen the need for a screen protector for me. My phone is protected from drops with the Otterbox case. And I don't put any objects in my pocket with the phone that might cause a scratch. I have before. No problems. Now, if I were a woman throwing my phone in a purse with all sorts of hazards, then a protector might be in order.

Years ago found a scratch on my phones screen and no one is more careful than me, I don't know to this day how it got scratched but since then I have always used a screen protector, Accidents happen no matter how much care you take.
For a small outlay you can protect your expensive device and also preserve its resale value.

I've just never seen the need for a screen protector for me. My phone is protected from drops with the Otterbox case. And I don't put any objects in my pocket with the phone that might cause a scratch. I have before. No problems. Now, if I were a woman throwing my phone in a purse with all sorts of hazards, then a protector might be in order.

I'm using the Otterbox Commuter case and liking it. The Defender case was too bulky and the charging port cover too much hastle to negotiate.

Youll be singing a different tune, once you drop it out on the tiles, or your black dog chews on it.

My Tech Armor screen protectors were delivered today, Will be installing one later.

I took your advice and ordered some from Amazon last week.
Those things sure are sticky....you put them down and they don't want to move.
I think it actually looks better with the ballistic glass though.
New screen cover, new clear case from Spigen .....I am happy.
I am not as paranoid about dropping it or scratching it now.

I took your advice and ordered some from Amazon last week.
Those things sure are sticky....you put them down and they don't want to move.
I think it actually looks better with the ballistic glass though.
New screen cover, new clear case from Spigen .....I am happy.
I am not as paranoid about dropping it or scratching it now.
I found them easy to move if need be, Glad to hear you got something you like.

Yes it certainly gives you peace of mind.