What's new

How to take a screenshot iPhone X

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the iPhone X no longer has the home button, here's a quick step by step to taking a screenshot.
  1. Open the app or get to the screen you want to capture.
  2. When you are ready to capture, press and hold the Side button on the right side of iPhone X.
  3. At the same time click the Volume Up button.
  4. You should now see the phone's screen flash white and you'll hear the camera shutter sound (if your sound is enabled).
  5. Now check Photos and your new screenshot should be there!

You can also add it via an on-screen shortcut with assistive touch. Once you've done the screenshot, you should see a small image of it in the lower left hand corner. If you click on that, you can mark it up and share it from that screen. It also allows you to delete the screenshot without saving it to your gallery.

I can't get a screenshot that shows the small image window but the yellow highlighted area is where it shows up. The second screenshot shows you the mark up options - clicking done in the upper left corner, allows you to delete or save the image; the upper right corner is the share button; bottom right corner is additional options like signature, resizable arrow, etc. And I do apologize as the layout on the phone is arranged a bit different as I did this screenshot on my iPad.

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

funny that without the home button certain things become harder to do, but I find the iPhones home button would become unresponsive after lots of usage and I try avoid touching it especially on the iPad. cant wait to try it out

I didn't know you couldn't take a screenshot of a film, there must be something blocking it as it just come out black.