What's new

How to remove jailbreak?

hockysa

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm currently own an i4 on iOS 4.3.3 and tiny umbrella for some reason is only able to save the shsh files to restore to iOS 4.3.5

I've called Optus to unlock my iPhone and apparently I need to restore my phone before the unlock is activated.

I know the easy way to remove the jailbreak is to simply restore the phone but how do I uninstall the jailbreak?

Cheers,
Benjamin

hockysa said:
Hey Guys,

I'm currently own an i4 on iOS 4.3.3 and tiny umbrella for some reason is only able to save the shsh files to restore to iOS 4.3.5

I've called Optus to unlock my iPhone and apparently I need to restore my phone before the unlock is activated.

I know the easy way to remove the jailbreak is to simply restore the phone but how do I uninstall the jailbreak?

Cheers,
Benjamin

Uninstalling the jailbreak is restoring.

hockysa said:
Hey Guys,

Cheers,
Benjamin

Uninstalling the jailbreak is restoring.

One way to remove the jailbreak is by restoring.
It isn't uninstalling.

I do remember a thread once upon a time where an uninstall was possible but more effort than it was worth, so few attempted it.

Can't seem to find it again though. Also I'm assuming if I did find the old thread it wouldn't be relevant to current iOS.

There is no way to remove the jailbreak without restoring. You could uninstall the actual Cydia application without restoring but you would still be jailbroken. Jailbreaking modifies system files which cannot be reverted without restoring.

hockysa said:
One way to remove the jailbreak is by restoring.
It isn't uninstalling.

I do remember a thread once upon a time where an uninstall was possible but more effort than it was worth, so few attempted it.

Can't seem to find it again though. Also I'm assuming if I did find the old thread it wouldn't be relevant to current iOS.

As I stated above. Let me clear this up for you If you didnt quite understand me. There is no way to just uninstall the jailbreak. I said uninstalling because in order to get rid of the jailbreak is to restore it back to factory settings.

There is no way to remove the jailbreak without restoring. You could uninstall the actual Cydia application without restoring but you would still be jailbroken. Jailbreaking modifies system files which cannot be reverted without restoring.

Plus one.

Last edited: