What's new

Saved SHSH?/Tiny Umbrella?

mpossoff

Reaction score
Hi I went through the steps with Tiny Umbrella to save shsh in case I need to restore my jb'ed 4.3.3 iPhone.

According to the screenshot are my shsh saved in the manner in case I need to restore?

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-08-21 at 9.38.48 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-08-21 at 9.38.48 AM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 400
the image is to small :-( I can see well to say yes or no

It is hard to see your screen shot. But if the firmware you are wanting to know about is in the TinyUmbrella list of SAVED firmwares then you are safe to go back to that firmware. Note that if you upgrade to a new firmware it updates your baseband and that can not be downgraded even with a SHSH saved.

I'll post a larger screen shot early tonight.

Why don't you just tell us if it says you have a 4.3.3 SHSH saved or not? That's all we need to know.

This is what it says in general tab in tiny umbrella...

iPhone 4 4.3.5 (8L1)
iPhone 4 5.0b1 (9A5220p)
iPhone 4 5.0b2 (9A5248d)
iPhone4 5.0b3 (9A5259f)

Unfortunately you cannot restore 4.3.3 then. If you're on 4.3.3 right now, you can still dump your 4.3.3 SHSH using iFaith, but that's your only option.

Unfortunately you cannot restore 4.3.3 then. If you're on 4.3.3 right now, you can still dump your 4.3.3 SHSH using iFaith, but that's your only option.

I did dump shsh using iFaith on our son's pc laptop.

I'm wanting to restore my 4.3.3 device cause of battery issues. Am I able to restore my device as new and keep 4.3.3 since I dumped shsh using iFaith? My iPhone is configured to a Mac does it matter if I dumped shsh using iFaith on a PC?

I'm wanting to restore my 4.3.3 device cause of battery issues. Am I able to restore my device as new and keep 4.3.3 since I dumped shsh using iFaith? My iPhone is configured to a Mac does it matter if I dumped shsh using iFaith on a PC?

Good, so you should now be able to use iFaith to help you build a pre-signed 4.3.3 firmware for your Phone and help you install it using iTunes.
Make sure you backup by syncing with iTunes first if you want to restore your settings from backup once the firmware restore is complete.

Good, so you should now be able to use iFaith to help you build a pre-signed 4.3.3 firmware for your Phone and help you install it using iTunes.
Make sure you backup by syncing with iTunes first if you want to restore your settings from backup once the firmware restore is complete.

OK all stuff is saved on iTunes via my Mac. iFaith is only for PC.

How do I build a pre-signed 4.3.3 firmware with iFaith? (I dumped shsh already)

Well, the first option you get when you open iFaith is to "build a signed IPSW w/blobs", so you could try that :D

Then you should "Use DFUpwner" and follow the instructions. You will put the device into DFU mode, iREB will work it's magic, then you will use iTunes and shift-restore the signed firmware you created at the beginning...

Once it is all done, you can visit jailbrekame.com on mobile Safari, and you will be jailbroken in a few seconds...

Well, the first option you get when you open iFaith is to "build a signed IPSW w/blobs", so you could try that :D

when I click on build signed ipsw w/blobs, it goes to window that says Browse for shsh blobs cache. I click that and it asked for a file name which I don't have? How do I get this?

My shsh is on iFaith server, 4.3.3(8J2) am I suppose to select download selected blob?

Last edited:
Ok I downloaded blob to desktop.

I click browse for shsh blobs cache then it takes me to screen that has...

Browse for the iOS 4.3.3(8J2) ipsw or download it for me.

What do I choose?