What's new

How to do Jailbreak (untethered) iOS 11.2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combmaximus

Reaction score
Hello, who know how jailbreak the last versions of apple please ? Without spending time on the intermediates who pays, or services like apps downloading "for free" that don't function (said after several tries)... My first goal was to downgrade under iOS11... o_O

PS : I research a real jailbreak , not an installator of application "cydia" that doesn't be of some use
Thanks for reading!

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

There is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 11, and it’s quite likely this won’t be possible.

If your iPhone is running iOS 11 (no matter which version of it), you can not downgrade to a software under 11. Apple is not signing iOS 10 any more, for devices capable of handling iOS 11. And there’s no way to revert to iOS 10. iTunes connects to Apple’s servers, and when you try downgrading to a not signed version, you’ll get an error, and the installation will be stopped immediately.

I ran across of a video awhile back on how to do it. I just found this one although not the same video I originally watched. I was thinking about giving it a go but I've never jailbroken any of my phones this way. You may want to do some research into it first.

EDITED - link to scam site

Last edited by a moderator:
There are quite a few sites selling jailbreaks, or providing fake jailbreaks. You never have to pay for a jailbreak, and there’s no jailbreak for iOS 11 at this moment. Sites claiming that there is a jailbreak are scam. The one you posted, @Barnsworth , is one of those fake sites. It doesn’t install Cydia, but a webclip from another site. That’s why the link in your post has been removed.

There are quite a few sites selling jailbreaks, or providing fake jailbreaks. You never have to pay for a jailbreak, and there’s no jailbreak for iOS 11 at this moment. Sites claiming that there is a jailbreak are scam. The one you posted, @Barnsworth , is one of those fake sites. It doesn’t install Cydia, but a webclip from another site. That’s why the link in your post has been removed.

Yes you are correct, that's why I added the "do some more research first". I know a lot of this is bogus, I usually get my info from a guy on youtube called iCrackUrIdevice. He's pretty well up with this stuff. I heard there is an possible exploit for 11.1.2. So wait and see what happens there.

This guy isn’t very trustworthy. He’s just trying to get as many clicks and likes as possible, and he’s using other’s work to make money, without asking for permission; he’s publishing videos, targeting jailbreak noobs who don’t know better.

When I want to know news about jailbreaking, I look at this site: iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak tfp0 Exploit Finally Released By Ian Beer | Redmond Pie

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your answers! It sucks... I remember I have Ă  IPhone at home on iOS 10.3.3, do you think there is a real jailbreak for this firmware ?

A couple of exploits for iOS 11.1.2 have been released but they have been patched in 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.