What's new

How to CLOSE. Apps in ios7

Soxty7flh

Reaction score
Guess it isn't the old way.(hold down till the red button comes up)?

For sofar I found out: double click on the button and wipe the application you want to close above. It dissapears out of the list ... I had the same problem and tryed several technics and this one works. Greetz Riho

Yes this is the way to close apps in iOS7, double click the home button and swipe the screen shot of the app you want closed upwards.

You really don't want to be manually closing apps because it makes the system work harder. Manually closing an app means that the app has to start "from scratch" the next time it launches and this consumes more system resources. Just let the system do its job and everything will be fine.

You really don't want to be manually closing apps because it makes the system work harder. Manually closing an app means that the app has to start "from scratch" the next time it launches and this consumes more system resources. Just let the system do its job and everything will be fine.
wow. Never hear that before. I have always been told to NOT keep a bunch running as it consumes data, battery power, and more.

Depends on how often you access them. It's actually more energy costly to end the process for apps than it is to keep them cached and in the background. The starting up process and calling of all instances/APIs is resource guzzling. For apps that you frequent (minus Facebook if you use it because it's a resource guzzler regardless), you won't need to close them out completely since in the long run, it uses more battery life than keeping it in the background, that is unless you have background app refresher on, in which case, it will drain regardless.