What's new

app auto-update in ios7?

fiat

Reaction score
Hi, I have new iphone 5s in ios7 and old ipad in ios6. I can see that almost every day I have some app in ipad have update available for download/install, but never see any in my iphone. Could it be an 'auto-update' feature in ios7 that does the app update job automatically without notifying user? Can I turn off this feature or is there a way for me to check which app has just been updated? Thanks

Hi, I have new iphone 5s in ios7 and old ipad in ios6. I can see that almost every day I have some app in ipad have update available for download/install, but never see any in my iphone. Could it be an 'auto-update' feature in ios7 that does the app update job automatically without notifying user? Can I turn off this feature or is there a way for me to check which app has just been updated? Thanks
Automatic app updates are turned on by default. To turn off automatic app updates go to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Updates and turn it off. Whether or not you decide to turn off automatic app updates, you can see whatever apps have been updated in the last two weeks by going to the App Store and tapping the updates button.

Many thanks, scifan. I must admit not doing my research is a shame. But it's really a pleasure and appreciation to receive such quick and clicking help. I think I will keep the auto update on for a while and just checking status time to time before feeling a need for my own control. Any comment?

I personally leave it turned on.. I think the feature is really good but its also nice to know whats new in updates and what has updated..

I do exactly what you said, every so often just checking the app store to see what has updated (if anything) probably once every few weeks