What's new

Music app will not resume music in my car when turned off

FaintDeftone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm an iPhone 4S user and I upgraded to iOS7 the other day and everything is fine but I have a major issue with the new music app. I use my iPhone as a car stereo a lot. My car has an Apple input on the stereo that plays and charges Apple products and I always plug my iPhone into it in order to play my music. I do this basically every day of my life so it's one of the features of the iPhone I love. Prior to iOS7, when I turned off my car and got back into it, my music always stopped and resumed as soon as I turned the car back on. Now that I've upgraded to iOS7, my music will not automatically resume and instead it constantly starts from the beginning (in alphabetical order) of the overall song list. I have to stop my iPhone, cycle back through my music and start each track I left off of from the beginning again and it drives me absolutely nuts. This is literally a deal breaker for me with iOS7.

Is there any way to fix this? I haven't seen anything in the Settings menu so I'm not sure if there is a trick anybody knows of to get it to stop.

Thanks!

I don't have that issue with my 5. In fact, with the addition of apple radio I couldn't be happier. What is annoying the hell out of me is my music library refususes to be sorted by album artist. It will only sort by album name. I have over 400 CDs in there. It's a nightmare!

I will add that the majority of the time my iPhone is not plugged in to the stereo. It's usually hooked up with Bluetooth. The only time I have it hard wired is when I use my TomTom app. If I notice anything in that scenario I'll keep you updated.