What's new

How did you reduce ATT bill??? IN OVER MY HEAD!!!!

robredd72

Reaction score
Ok so I splurged $200 and got an iphone. I put it on a girlfriends account to get a better rate plan. But then we fell out, and she promptly had me cut off! So I went to the att store, and they said no problem, let me keep the number, took me off her account, and said I am not under contract. Cool! My problem is that ATT is so damn expensive. I really should have waited to get this phone on another network. I just wanted an iphone 4 NOW! So I am stuck with ATT. So I am looking for your tips on lowering the bill in any way. So far I have the plan with the 200mb data, 900 anytime, and unlimited texting. It's way to expensive at over $100 a month!!!!!!!! I thought about the 450 plan, but really need to see my first months bill to see my anytime minute average usage. I would kill the data plan all together but I think you have to carry the 200mb to own an iphone? Pay per text might shave a few bucks? Any suggestions might help. Keep in mind I am not under contract, so I dont think Ill get any perks customer that have been with att recieve. I ideally dream of a $50 Att bill but know that is not likely to happen. So I will settle for around $75.

Wow! Over $100 dollars a month. Whats that in £? Bout £50-£60?

I get 600mins, unlimited texts and Internet for £30 a month.

I wouldnt get rid of the internet if I were you. The iPhone constantly updates itself even when it's in your pocket. So you do really need some form of data plan...

Easy. Just do all your download when you are in a wifi hot spot or at home. Never have to use 3G so you can kill your data plan. You are now left with a voice plan, or you can subcribe to pay per use plan for voice or data which you can control usage.

Yeah, I have 450min and 200mb data, and 1500 sms, I pay $70+10 tax

For me 450 is enough b/c it's roll over, so if you could just save some minutes for the first 2 month, you could be OK for the rest of the year. 1500sms is more then enough for me.

Try to find a new girlfreind. It may be to late but check to see if you qualify for a national discount of 25% I worked at Boeing 45 years ago and I qualified for the discount. It is not limited to Boeing. I am on the 450 plan with my wife and with the rollover, free to other ATT. free night and weekend it works for me I ave my wife n the 200 MB and I am on the 2 GB. no text plan.
Dave Wilson

You cannot remove your data plan if you are with att unfortunately. Eliminate the texting plan and get an app that allows you to do free texting. Also try to be on all wifi's possible to avoid going over 200mb.

My bill is $79 a month. I get 450 min a month, 2GB data and 1500 text a month.
I get a University discount of about 20% which is what brings it down.
Check to to see if your school(if you are in school) or business gets a discount.

I have the 450 minute plan with (39.99) + unlimited data (30.00) and 200 messages (5.00) totaling out at $75 per month. On top of that, I use SMS GV extension and Phone GV extension and just use my google voice number and get unlimited texts, the 200 message plan is there just in case someone texts my old number or if I want to send an MMS.

To me, the unlimited data plan is much more valuable than the high minute plan because of the ability to use a VOIP service and essentially get free unlimited minutes.

I pay $50 a month for 700 minutes, plus data plan is another $25 for 2 GB.
I never run out of my bandwith, even if I call from skype to europe quite often using skype over 3G.

For mine and the wife's phones I pay around 145ish a month. She just has a slider phone with keyboard. We have 450 minutes (shared) unlimited text (both phones) and I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4.

i pay 75 bucks a month, 2GB data plan, 450 mins 5000 night and weekend, unlimited texting

i pay a wopping $165 a month 2 iPhone 4 with 700 shared with rollover, unlimited data, unlimited SMS/mms on a family plan.

Depending on how many rollover minutes you have, I'd drop the voice part as low as you can. The wife and I currently have well over 3000 rollover minutes to use, so I have the 450 daytime minute plan. She talks WAY more than I do, I text a ton.

I was also getting heavy bills. So to get rid of it, I joined a VoIP service provider. I tried some and now I am using Voxcorp. They offer a good voip app for iphones, which is easy to use and you can start calling as soon as you install the app.