What's new

Another ATT Mess

Smitty

Reaction score
I wanted to buy my Fiance an Iphone 4 for Christmas. So I went to the ATT corporate store to add my fiance to my account and get her an iphone. I wanted to set up a new account for her under mine but with her old number (that she has had since High School). I was informed that I was not able to add her to my account unless I got a new phone number for the iphone. They told me that if I was to use her old number on the new account it would void and cancel out the new account I just set up.

So, I had to ruin the surprise for her and bring her into the store so she could give them her information so they could port her accont info over to mine instead of starting up a new account. Seemed like no problem. Got the phone swapped information and was on our way out the door......when we were told to WAIT!!!!! That something was wrong.

So we walked back over (should have just kept on walking out the door!!!) and were informed that my account is an arears billing account (I pay each month not one month in advance) and her's is and advanced billing account. They said that they cannot place an advanced onto an arears account. What!!! They told me that if I wanted the family plan for the both of us that I would have to switch to her account. Ummmm....no thank you. Why would I want to switch over and have a double bill next month. Why cant you just add her to my account. She has already paid in advance her monthly bill so its not like they would be losing money!!

So we talked for a while trying to figure it out. The store guy called ATT to see if they could do something on their end because the store computers could not allow the change. So needless to say we left the store with two separate accounts.

We are still trying to get all this fixed. I was on the phone this afternoon for an hour or more with ATT trying to get this issue resolved. And they are still giving me the run-a-round saying that she cannot be moved to my account but that I can move over to her account.

So at this point. My only options are to add her with a new number (which neither of us want to do) or I take her phone back and re activate her old phone and when her contract is up get her an un locked iphone and go to verizon and leave ATT all together.

Anyone else dealing with this?????!!! Do you have an email or phone number for anyone who can AUTHORIZE the switch for her to come to my account???!!!

Just ask for a manager and explain to them the problem and add in at the end "im sure if you can't help me then your corporate office can" once they hear corporate office they should fix you right up good luck with your situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can see this is a malor explaination of what is going on. I have already been on the phone explaining this same story to three different supposed supervisors. And then the ened result is I am not authorized to merge the accounts. So my reply is, can you please transfer me to someone who is authorized. And then it started all over again with the same result. I need to know of a work around Number or e-mail address to go higher up in the Computer accounting department or a top Supervisor.

in canada when you have an issue with your carrier you ask for the retentions dept, not sure if that exisits with ATT but the people in rententions are only there to keep your business, if you complain poilitely, but still threaten to leave more then likely they will assist

Im not suprised. That is definitely att customer service to the T! I was actually reading an article that said att got the worst customer service ratings out of all carriers. If it wasnt for their decent coverage i wouldnt be with them. I say if you have good tmobile coverage near you then unlock those beasts and board the tmobile train.

Im not suprised. That is definitely att customer service to the T! I was actually reading an article that said att got the worst customer service ratings out of all carriers. If it wasnt for their decent coverage i wouldnt be with them. I say if you have good tmobile coverage near you then unlock those beasts and board the tmobile train.

Although that is very appealing , I am under contract for two years. My 30 day remorse period is up by about 5 months. However my fiancée is not. I am just going to have to take her phone back and then start a new line under my account anyways. She is going to have to give up her number I guess.

Ok , well I am almost up for my fiancé 30 day remorse period. This is my last attempt to ask for customer service number or e-mail that can get results to my issue. Anyone?

I'd rate att customer service high had nothing but good customer service experiences.

I'd rate att customer service high had nothing but good customer service experiences.
you know , I really have as well. There was an issue with a false charge for some media dl service a couple years ago. And it took a couple months to get that cleared up. Other than that I have good experience. It just amazes me that after all the years of loyal patronage , I am the one who has to jump through tier hoops. I would never dream of treating one of my customers the way that they are?

i've had my Ups & Downs with AT&T and with Sprint. just remember they are all out to make that All mighty dollar and will make sure that happens one way or another..

last friday i went to my local AT&T corporate store to see of they could possibly upgrade 2 lines 2 weeks before the actual availability dates. the little punk store manager looked me straight in the face and said "well, you do know that even in 2 weeks it's still early. it is only 18 months and not the 2 years you had agreed to. sorry, i just can't do it" ... called customer service to see if they could do anything ... no luck. on sunday i was out of town christmas shopping and decided to stop by their local AT&T corporate store to give it one last effort before the looong 2 week wait... i ended up walking out of there 45 minutes later with 2 brand new iPhone 4's!

moral of my story is .. yes they can do anything they want. it's a matter of IF they feel like it. keep trying, somewhere else if you have to, is all i can say

good luck and don't give up