What's new

How can you add phone number to iMessage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrangement of icon apps on home-screens... it can be quite a nuissance if you have to rearrange them back (currently I have too many).
i'm not sure as it's a while since i did that but i don't think it changes them,don't hold me to that though :)

by the way another thing you can try is Reset Network Settings,if you do this you will have to put your router password back in,other than that it won't change your icon arrangement or anything else.

Did u Try to do this settings- messages iMessage on and off and on again wait for activation ?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369733177.913120.jpg

How can a (new) phone number be added to your iMessages? I had another SIM card in this phone a while ago, and with the current one, I only have a me.com email address linked to iMessages (I cancelled the setup wizard when the new SIM was inserted). Is there a way to activate/change the number later on?

Make sure that in Settings Mail Contacts etc in the Contacts area near the bottom, 'My Info' points to the contact with your information in it (ph number, email, name etc)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Excellent! The off-on did the trick (as mariuss suggested). :D Now I also have the "Start new conversation from" part underneath (as there's the phone number and the email to choose from; guess it wasn't needed before as I only had one email activated).

Last edited:
thats great,glad you got sorted,sometimes we miss the simplest cure while looking for other methods.

as your problem is resolved i will close this thread,thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.