What's new

iMessage

Kassidy90210

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s and I was playing around with the settings for iMessage now all my friends that have an iPhone my number is now saved in their phone as my email address :/ and their number is saved in my phone as what I saved them as but when they text me in my messages it just comes up with their number which gets really confusing :/ anyone know how I can fix this??

you can save a phone number and email address and if your friends do the same then your messages will show as iMessage.

Poisonivy said:
you can save a phone number and email address and if your friends do the same then your messages will show as iMessage.

So I jus have too add their email address to their contact in my phone??

darkstar2007 said:
Are you saying that your messages are showing up as your email address on their iPhones?

No my contact name in their phone is not my name any more it's my email address.

So I jus have too add their email address to their contact in my phone??
yes,in settings go to messages,then receive at,there you can add another email address if you like,make sure your friends have your phone number in their settings and you should be good to go.......

Last edited:
To make your name appear to them you need to make sure you have your phone number checked under the caller ID

Settings>Messages>Receive at>Caller ID

Im slightly confused im not an iphone expert yet!! Basically since i have come back from holiday there is one person who i Text who will only let me text his email addres with i missage once im connecting to 3g or wifi. If i am not connected It will not let me text a normal message to there number. Well its let s me send them and says delivered but he is never recieveing them. Help me please.

xrayeyes said:
To make your name appear to them you need to make sure you have your phone number checked under the caller ID

Settings>Messages>Receive at>Caller ID

When I follow these steps and get to receive at I can only add another email address

When I follow these steps and get to receive at I can only add another email address
your phone number should be showing slightly greyed out in receive at above email and add another email.