What's new

iMessage problems AGAIN.

tortelliniguy

Reaction score
So my iPhone's iMessage was acting up so I thought turning it on and off would solve the problem, but of course it made the problem bigger. Now I can't even get iMessage to activate with my cell phone number. It works fine with my @me address and all other email addresses just no iMessage for my cell number. anyone else having this problem and know a fix?

See if your number is there in Settings > Messages > Receive At. Try deleting your emails from the "Receive At" and try again, then reinput them

It just shows my emails now. my number doesnt even show up.

Wait what? Check under Settings > Phone to see if your number is there.

It activated eventually. Had to restore my phone though. I think it might be because the iMessage activation servers are overloaded because the new iPhone was released and a bunch of people are probably trying to activate iMessage too.

This is exactly what I needed to fix my problem with messaging. I have been doing everything imaginable to fix it or find a fix. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Even my imessage is not working m using 4s in setting- phone my number is showing unknown so what should i do

Even my imessage is not working m using 4s in setting- phone my number is showing unknown so what should i do

Is your sim card good? As in already activated? Are you able to make calls? Try logging out of Settings-> iTunes & App Stores by clicking on your apple id and logging out then logging back in.

You can also add your number if you click further into that and it'll show options to go to your apple account setting. Then you can add phone number in manually.