What's new

iMessage Issue

Nutronic

Reaction score
:messages:Whenever I try to send an iMessage to a contact, if I choose email address it will try to send as MMS,if I send to someone via their number then its iMessage.

Please can someone explain to me why this is. I can provide my iMessage email if anyone requests it for finding the issue of this.

Thanks

What's an I message? Damn I'm behind the times! Sounds like it might. Be something I'd use!?

:messages:Whenever I try to send an iMessage to a contact, if I choose email address it will try to send as MMS,if I send to someone via their number then its iMessage.

Please can someone explain to me why this is. I can provide my iMessage email if anyone requests it for finding the issue of this.

Thanks

are you sure the person you are sending it too has iMessage also and it is enabled?

What's an I message? Damn I'm behind the times! Sounds like it might. Be something I'd use!?
Imessage is a free messsaging service,it only works through Apple devices though,i use it on my 4s,my mbp and my ipad.

Nutronic said:

Thanks

The reason may be, is that people have it set to be sent to their number. Not email. Its called caller id in the messages tab in settings.app